The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Falling hard for someone not meant for you...

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Has anybody here ever fallen in love with someone bad for them? When you know it won't lead anywhere good but the feeling is so intoxicating that yo go with it anyway? Where the Moon Knows My Name is a song that mixes old world waltz with new world electronic music. This is my music about falling hard for someone not meant for you.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdBEVuUTDsA

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Has anybody here ever fallen in love with someone bad for them? When you know it won't lead anywhere good but the feeling is so intoxicating that yo go with it anyway? Where the Moon Knows My Name is a song that mixes old world waltz with new world electronic music. This is my music about falling hard for someone not meant for you.
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdBEVuUTDsA
    I've done it and I pay her child support now. It made me grow up faster than I ever anticipated. I had some of my lowest lows but they gave me a pathway to have my highest highs.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    My first boyfriend was not good for me. Taught me a lot. It helped me grow as a person. He was toxic and all about himself. I refused to see the red flags. It was worth it though cause I learned to not only put value in myself as a person but also to not give myself away so easily.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most people have at least one person they fell hard for and they just weren't right for them. I can't say I haven't been head over heels for a man who ran me through the dirt. Ladies do it to men just the same. It sucks but it is part of growing up. Like Sapphire said, it can help you learn to value yourself more.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    For the likes me that never care much about relationships to begin with, this is something that's going to be very difficult to happen with me. Yeah, I do get that most people experience such and it really sucks because it's more like killing and punishing yourself over something that can never be yours.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have had my own fair share of such experiences and it never feels good at all no matter what angle you try to analyze it from. At one point, I got all depressed over it but I'm glad to eventually find a way to get my head out of my own arse and realize that I was being the foolish one. It was a lesson well learnt.

SINCEREM

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It has happened to me severally, I don't normally get the women I desire with my whole heart. What I mean is that, their is no love from them after showing my affection to love them, it seems I'm the only one trying to make it work. Those I don't cherish are the ones who push hard to get me loving them, but they aren't my choice, so frustrating indeed.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was with this girl back when I was in the army. I will station in Hawaii at that time. I was very serious about her. I was thinking about marrying her.

I had told her that I love her and she had reciprocated the feelings back. Unfortunately ended up coming down on orders to be re-stationed to Texas. I talked to her about moving with me but she said she didn't want to be away from her family.

Once I was re-stationed we tried to do a long distance relationship. After a few months she said she felt like she was holding me up and we should move on from each other.

I wasn't hurt about the break up but what upset me was that only a couple months later she ended up moving to Texas with another guy anyway.

Several years after all of this I talked to her on the phone and she told me that she didn't realize that I was that serious about marrying her and if she did she would not have broken things off.

I've always been unsure if it's my fault for not expressing my feelings and communicating better.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    Had to listen to your song thrice. It reminds me of when I first fell in love at age 15. We can call it pure love at that time and the lady in question never reciprocated. I did everything to make her see reasons to love me deeply, but it never happened that way. Grown and now loving my life and the woman in my life.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I have never been big on love and relationships because of what happened to me in my last relationship 6 years ago. After that, I locked up my heart full time and threw away the keys because I'm done with all the lies, cheat and hurt that's been all I have ever experience in my relationship. It has never been anything good for me, so why do I need to keep letting myself get hurt all the time?

AintShit

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I've done it and I pay her child support now. It made me grow up faster than I ever anticipated. I had some of my lowest lows but they gave me a pathway to have my highest highs.
    Tell me about it Bro ever since then I never go aginst my gut anymore and its led me nothing to success since I have learned my lesson

chinwe

Registered
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I was struck by love when I first met him. The relationship started up with so much promises and expectations. Then the truth started surfacing. I found out that he was a serial baby dady from three different women. I was heart broken with all the lies, manipulations and trauma and at the end I had to quit. Well it was a bitter experience.