The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Family members that ask about love life during Thanksgiving...

Paid1nFull

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Family members that ask about your love life during thanksgiving.... Are the grimiest and scummiest people to be around during thanksgiving. It's always the ho3s that failed at life bringing this shet up. Are you one the people that ask your family members about their love life during Thanksgiving?

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was over my aunt and uncle house as usual. Weren’t that many invited. I am never asked about my love life. I’m always asked about whether I finished college. How I am doing. What I’ve been up to. That type of stuff. I don’t mind talking about dating, getting married, having kids, but not on this occasion. If you want to, come to my home or call me on the phone, then yeah. All good.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Extended family and friends try to hook me up sometimes. I learned a lesson NEVER accept introductions from female family or friends. EVER.
    The men are fairly good but even then, but men are much better.
    Why?
    Female family members and female homies set you up with their friends who can't get a man. These women are pretty much lost causes. They are ONLY concerned about finding happiness for their friend and have very little regard for what you are looking for. I had to wonder if these family members or female homies cared for me. I really did.
    The women are single for a reason. They physically aren't attractive. Most have given up on even trying to get a man so they have let themselves go. And emtionally they have shut down. You have to try hard for a woman that isn't worth trying for.

The men will at least set you up with an attractive woman....usually. Men know men need a decent looking woman. However, these women fall in one of 2 categories. They have given up on finding love or they are in the streets and complain there aren't any good men around. So, you end up having to try too hard for a woman who stopped trusting men or you got one who gets hollared because she got body but dudes just tryna smash but she thinking she can 'catch' and asking how much you make, I got standards, etc.
    99% are single moms. I am not sh*tting on single moms, I've dated some phenomenal ones BUT there are also women out there who don't have a child and if we are serious and eventually get married I gotta support all y'all. So, why should I over a sista who is single no kids? Exactly. And these same women are putting requirements that don't match up with what I'm getting. haha

I'll pass. I'm one of the rare ones in the family that is single, not married, no kids, make decent money so they tryna pawn me off to the loser women.

Hard pass.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Family members that ask about your love life during thanksgiving.... Are the grimiest and scummiest people to be around during thanksgiving. It's always the ho3s that failed at life bringing this shet up. Are you one the people that ask your family members about their love life during Thanksgiving?
    Being that this is usually after dinner convo, I would say it’s about time to say your goodbye’s & leave 😂😂

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There was a time where I was a straight up play boy for like 5 years but I would never bring a woman around my family. One thanksgiving my grandma asks me why I never have a woman and I told her “when I have one I want to bring around I will” and she said out loud:

“YOU AINT GAY NOW ARE YOU”

Everyone was like:

Shocked Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

It was trife but funny…she had no idea how straight I was. Real G’s are silent like the “g” in Champagne.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    There was a time where I was a straight up play boy for like 5 years but I would never bring a woman around my family. One thanksgiving my grandma asks me why I never have a woman and I told her “when I have one I want to bring around I will” and she said out loud:

“YOU AINT GAY NOW ARE YOU”

Everyone was like:

Shocked Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

It was trife but funny…she had no idea how straight I was. Real G’s are silent like the “g” in Champagne.
    Grandmother's be serious, but oh so comical! 🤣

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    My maternal grandma be straight up rude sometime. My paternal grandma is a b**ch. It may sound cold blooded but if you knew her you’d agree.
    I believe we all have some of those in our family. Love them from a distance or DFWT at all!

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I stopped doing the family Thanksgiving gathering about 15 years ago. After my brother passed, it wasn't the same, so I just stopped.
    We never talk religion or politics at any gatherings, a rule we've held for decades, the main reason we didn't have issues.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I believe we all have some of those in our family. Love them from a distance or DFWT at all!
    My paternal grandmother could roast in hell for all I care.
    I stopped doing the family Thanksgiving gathering about 15 years ago. After my brother passed, it wasn't the same, so I just stopped.
    We never talk religion or politics at any gatherings, a rule we've held for decades, the main reason we didn't have issues.
    Wow your brother passed? I didn’t know that. Sorry to hear that.

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am very sorry about your brother. No family gathering is the same when a loved one(s) are no longer here.