I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
British
Hopefully this man will make the lives of Black Welsh people better, especially since I was born, raised in and still currently live in Wales myself, although, sadly, I'm a little skeptical (and a little bit cynical) of many politicians at this point but there's still hope for a Black spokesperson to be a great example for many Black people to make positive changes for Black people. I'm also hoping that he will fix the Welsh speed limit before I get a car lol

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Would love to see Cardiff one day. Side note: I heard the bar scene there is bananas...lol.

The nerd in me would also mention that there are several areas around Philadelphia that are Welsh named.

So, I assume none of us know much about the lives of Black people in Wales. How is it there? What are the challenges? As well as the history of Blacks there?

BlackFireControlla

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
British
Would love to see Cardiff one day. Side note: I heard the bar scene there is bananas...lol.

The nerd in me would also mention that there are several areas around Philadelphia that are Welsh named.

So, I assume none of us know much about the lives of Black people in Wales. How is it there? What are the challenges? As well as the history of Blacks there?

Disclaimer: I've only lived in North Wales and seen a little bit of North West Wales and Mid Wales but I've never been to the South, I'd say that the North is the whitest part of Wales (even though I see more Black people around here, nowadays) and the South has more Black people judging from what I've seen on TV.

Wales is very rural, surrounded by many beautiful fields, forests and mountainous areas, even some of the cities in North Wales (the place where I was born and still live in) get taken over by nature or are very close to the forests and the sea. I really enjoy living in Wales (despite Wales being predominantly white) and would say that I'm somewhat proud to be born in such a nice-looking place.

The challenges of living there includes the prices of houses and the rent to live in decent flats (apartments), the lack of many job opportunities in Wales' small towns (you're better off moving to Welsh cities if you don't want to be employed to work in retail or construction), there are many towns that are known for their drug problems, the amount of road works in the neighborhoods and motorways (highways) is ridiculous, the transport services (e.g. trains, buses etc.) are quite expensive and are prone to constantly getting shut down by their employees due to strikes and the councils that run many towns in our counties are pretty incompetent when it comes to their spendings for making the lives of people that live there easier and mainly seek to appease tourists and general foreigners.

I don't know a lot about Wales' Black History apart from the story of a Black woman called Betty Campbell (born 1934-2017) who was responsible for putting Black culture and Black History in Cardiff's educational curriculum (she even has her own statue in Cardiff) and a Black man called John Ystumllyn who was the first recorded Black person to live in Wales during the 17th century.

BlackFireControlla
BlackFireControlla
You also don't need to learn the Welsh language in order to live here as most people living in Wales speak English and most signs that are written in Welsh are translated to English.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Thanks. Interesting. I think there is a suburban Philadelphia town called North Wales if I'm not mistaken. I've heard of it.

Anyway, the little I know of Wales is the very common surnames of Davis and Jones are Welsh in origin, right? Or have I gotten than wrong. Also, the derogatory term for a Welshman is 'Taffy' I think.

How is Cardiff?

BlackFireControlla

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
British
Thanks. Interesting. I think there is a suburban Philadelphia town called North Wales if I'm not mistaken. I've heard of it.

Anyway, the little I know of Wales is the very common surnames of Davis and Jones are Welsh in origin, right? Or have I gotten than wrong. Also, the derogatory term for a Welshman is 'Taffy' I think.

How is Cardiff?
Davis and Jones are both of Welsh and English origin. I've never heard of the word 'Taffy' being used as a derogatory term for a Welshman, the only derogatory term I've heard of when referring to Welsh people is the term 'Sheep shagger' (lol) which is mostly used by English people and ironically, there are more cases of zoophilia in England, I've only heard of one case involving a degenerate farmer having sex with a sheep in Wales but that shouldn't be used to describe even a small amount of Welsh people, especially not Black Welsh people.

BlackFireControlla
BlackFireControlla
I've never been to Cardiff, I don't even know what it's like to live there to be honest. I've only seen pictures of it on the internet.