The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

“If a blogger posts to a blog about an elected state officer and receives, or will receive, compensation for that post, the blogger must register with the appropriate office … within 5 days after the first 164 by the blogger which mentions an elected state officer,” reads the bill, introduced by Republican state Sen. Jason Brodeur.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

“If a blogger posts to a blog about an elected state officer and receives, or will receive, compensation for that post, the blogger must register with the appropriate office … within 5 days after the first 164 by the blogger which mentions an elected state officer,” reads the bill, introduced by Republican state Sen. Jason Brodeur.
    I just heard that story on my way in this morning. I don't see how this will stand in court. It is a clear violation of first amendment rights. Professor Truth said in a podcast once that Desantis doesn't expect these to stand in court. He just needs to try to pass them. His supporters aren't well informed and have such a short attention span they won't ever even know that it got struck down in court. They will just remember he either passed it or attempted to pass it. That is enough for him to trick them into showing up at the polls.

And honestly, I think that is a good strategy if I'm being fair. Out black politicians don't even attempt to pass bills on our behalf. So what if the bill doesn't make it through or gets struck down or filibustered if they at least try then it shows they are making the effort.

They don't even do that though because we will just show up to vote regardless. The right wing has to do something even if it fails to garner support and get a turn out.