Folks Are Loosing It!

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I am noticing people think that voting Republican on the national scale is the answer for Black people. No it is NOT. Our current lot of Republicans are not putting anything forth for Black people. Therfore its just more of the same. I expect that I will be voting primarily for my LOCAL officials. Perhaps Cornel West.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Dr. Cornell West is a wee bit of the 'all lives matter' in him. I personally think he cares for Black people. But I don't know if he's willing to ride the way I would like him to.

My first question to anyone is reparations. How they answer that answers everything else. Reparations to me is like how civil rights was originally. How you answered that in the '50s, answered everything else.

You know its the right thing to do. Anyway, as for voting Republican I think some Black people are on it as a flex instead of seeing for what it is, replacing one 'massah' for an even worse 'massah' .

Marcel Dixon and a couple other folks, who have been on here are the only ones I know who tick off the major boxes. Marianne Williamson at least mentioned reparations first, before being asked and I gotta give props to that. Even though the amount she talked about is closer to insulting than real talk. And since running, she's got a few other issues I am not feeling.

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I notice that also ... Ppl think Trump will be a better choice .. of you put your attentions on the Israel Pale , he is a supporter, gonna let them run amuck as well ...

I think there will be a tightening of immigration - which I think ppl are really looking at ....

The indys are looking more and more attractive ...

Not sure if she is still in the running:

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Must I post the YelloPain again :)

"Focus on the legislative branch" and locals , as well as work on our own economic agenda and PAC (which we should have been done, if we know both parties,they are both of the same coin, isn't that the natural next step ) ..

... imo, there is no desire to see an "underclass" - one who has real potential power, but has been destabilized so much that they haven't organized enough to recognize their power ... There is no desire to interrupt the status quo on their part ... We are there meal ticket !

Neither one is our solution ...

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
She's recently dropped out. What is massive and can't be overstated is that reparations is now part of the Democratic discussion and its an unsaid part of the Republicans as well. They have gotten in front by boo booing it but the fact they even have to say that is huge and also can't be overstated.

While it does matter how many others the Dems bring in as buffer classes, as Dr. Claud Anderson warned a few decades ago, a united Black voice will always be very powerful. The culture is the most followed and watched nationally and internationally. I just wish enough of us Black folks in America realized that and in doing so use that very huge weapon to bring about change.

The internal fight is going to be the first hurdle. Getting enough of us onboard and Black first. Also, making any voice that doesn't go along with that ostracized.

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I am noticing people think that voting Republican on the national scale is the answer for Black people. No it is NOT. Our current lot of Republicans are not putting anything forth for Black people. Therfore its just more of the same. I expect that I will be voting primarily for my LOCAL officials. Perhaps Cornel West.
I think the idea of voting Republican is largely an idea rooted in punishing the Dems for their current and past positions:

1. immigration stance
2. overlooking them on various bills (yet doing something specific for Asians, when she chided against the same for "black folks")
3. throwing symbolism and not focusing on real substance
4. Bad choices (their advertising choices have been very much lacking, embarrassing)
5. More bad choices - they don't listen. That's why they are in this position in the first place, they didn't listen to who ppl told them the popular candidate was

There is a whole litany. With all the issues, it's x times as bad with the other party ... There is nothing , we get nothing - besides maybe a higher chance to be employed by massa - and blacks don't factor into any of their decisions, so nothing to even discuss ..

.. and more on the employment .. I'm sure business ownership rates correlate with the wealth gap ... That's the thing we need to address .... Instead of jobs, get us money to build businesses - that's how we can make a dent. - we all need to get our side-hustle on and become business owners ... S/O to EYL who I think are helping to change the narrative -leaders of the new underground railroad ...

We really have to rely on Us , lean on self reliance a little bit harder , imo ..

Last edited:

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
This is an unintended consequence but when Republicans are in charge and they do what they do and are very anti Black, a consequence is more Black unity because we have no choice.

Blacks unite when it gets too bad. What it also does remove the bootlicks and sell outs more power to the pro black influencers large (big platforms) and small (local activists).

The only good thing I would give Republicans credit on is they at least are active in stopping illegal immigration as well as too many legal replacement level, anti Black ones. Also, the fight for the rainbow agenda to target and groom kids and in mass media (movies, tv shows, etc)

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I'd love to see more Blacks on the local level like Marcel Dixon. I'd certainly contribute.
Yes, we can run for Congress, but we also have the numbers all over the country in predominately Black areas to run people with a pro Black, reparations viewpoint for city council, state legislature, mayors, etc.

Just having elected officials on any level overtly pro Black looks good. And the person being in an area where they can't be primaried is the bonus. Nothing you can do about it if you stay clean financially. Meaning the things they get various Black mayors on for 'campaign misappropriations, etc).