Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Funeral home operator sentenced to 20 years in prison for selling body parts without consent

Banks

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Makes you wonder how many funeral homes are actually giving you the remains of your loved ones, as they may be selling their viable body parts on the black market. A funeral in Colorado and its owners Megan Hess, and her mother Shirley Koch, were caught selling body parts without consent of the families of the deceased. Instead they would give ashes that wasn't of the deceased.

I'm an organ donor, so I don't think this would happen, but for those who aren't organ donors and choose to be cremated, look out, they may be selling your body parts off.

Megan Hess is facing 20 years in prison and her mother Shirley is facing 15 years herself.

More on this story below:

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I believe there are more funeral homes doing stuff like this. Especially for those who are low income and aren't able to afford traditional funerals and have to settle for cremation.

I'm an organ donor as well, so when I die I hope the hospital will handle the organ harvesting. Weird to say organ harvesting, but that's kind of what it is right? You should be able to trust funeral homes.