Self-Sufficiency and Preppers

Are you ready for the day the system falls? Our group is here to help each other prep for a disaster scenario.

Stats

Category
Lifestyle
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Good Quality Bagged Soil For Less?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I need to get some soil for my garden but it seems like the prices are all sky high. Just a few years ago a 2 CF bag was like $8 and now it is almost $17. That is too damn much. And this is one of the cheaper brands. Anyone know where I can find some HQ bagged soil for less? Like $5 a cubic foot?

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What brands are you looking at? I normally buy Sta-Green and it's still $8 in my area. I've also heard Kelloggs is a decent brand it's a couple $ more. Whatever you do, don't go too cheap because you'll end up doing more harm to your garden than good.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I need to get some soil for my garden but it seems like the prices are all sky high. Just a few years ago a 2 CF bag was like $8 and now it is almost $17. That is too damn much. And this is one of the cheaper brands. Anyone know where I can find some HQ bagged soil for less? Like $5 a cubic foot?
    Have you tried Walmart, Target, K-Mart, Home Depot?

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Go to your local nursery, it may be a bit more expensive but they’ll give you the lowdown on brands and supply issues in your area. I found out that 4 brands here used the same source which is why all the prices went up together. I went with miraclegro and ain’t looked back.
    I thought of that, but sis is trying to spend less, that's why I named the stores that I did.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I usually just get Miracle Grow. I ended up getting some from Walmart. I will have to get more but going to see if something is a bit cheaper.

I know you can't go too cheap or nothing will grow. My friend got some cheap brand stuff, I think from one of the dollar stores and it ended up killing her flowers last year.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I usually just get Miracle Grow. I ended up getting some from Walmart. I will have to get more but going to see if something is a bit cheaper.

I know you can't go too cheap or nothing will grow. My friend got some cheap brand stuff, I think from one of the dollar stores and it ended up killing her flowers last year.
    I use that as well & have my own compost.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black