The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Got Free Tix To The Rams Game

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The NFL is so crazy…they’re letting blatant pass interference and other penalties slide to IMO keep the other team in the game. A Rams receiver got pushed to the ground while about to catch they and they didn’t even give a 10 yard penalty.

It’s reakky just entertainment at this point.

image.jpg

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Look at what they did with the NBA. Like compare how things get ref'd in the '90s compared to now. There is so much traveling it is a joke. I expect the NFL is no different. Different standards these days... they focus on being entertaining now actual rules these days.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Its not competition its about entertainment. Its why I'm done betting on sports after this season

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Facts. The professional sports leagues have effed up the game. The half time show and ads are sometimes more important than the actual game in the Super Bowl some seasons. Referees in the NBA have admitted they are told how to call certain things.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I gave up on the NFL and NBA long ago. College football and basketball are now in the midst of going the same way.

The only undefeated team (Florida State) at the top of the rankings can't play for the national title? WTF? Making up new rules to stop coach Prime from recruiting. The number 1 and 2 seeds sometimes or who is left out in March Madness is a head scratcher and screams favortism sometimes.

Sports press and SWS tryna over hype white players from Europe. Jokic is arguably the best player. I hear articles referring to him as 'the best player in the world', routinely. Not that he probably isn't, but I've never heard them refer to Jordan back in the day as that routinely or LeBron or Kobe in their primes. White boys who have no knowledge of b-ball constantly call him the GOAT in comments. Dude wouldn't be able to start an NBA all star game in the '90s in a league with prime Shaq, Duncan, Barkley, Robinson, Ewing, Malone, etc.

I pretty much gave up on it all. I follow my alma mater once in a while in highlights. Stopped watching my childhood teams mostly.

I got into soccer in England mainly for something new that wasn't as corrupted and the league effing with it.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    NFL SmackDown.

I got into soccer in England mainly for something new that wasn't as corrupted

played-yourself-dj-khaled.gif

D

Deleted member 1946

The NFL is so crazy…they’re letting blatant pass interference and other penalties slide to IMO keep the other team in the game. A Rams receiver got pushed to the ground while about to catch they and they didn’t even give a 10 yard penalty.

It’s reakky just entertainment at this point.

View attachment 8802
    Yep. Do you see why so many folks have stopped watching? I think many people would still watch even if their team kept losing. People can clearly see how rigged things are. Certain teams or players or coaches are allowed to get away with certain things because there is big money on the line for a predetermined outcome. Scripted events to reward certain puppets and to push certain story lines. It also takes people money when they bet because way too often the favored team loses. It is not normal for this to happen as often as it does IF things were natural with both teams truly trying to win with refs trying hard to call things fairly (but they are paid to do what the NFL wants done). And certain players have said they are required to sign contracts saying they will keep their mouths closed about how things really work or else there will be consequences. These consequences obviously include threats, not getting football sports commentator positions, their business being targeted, etc.

D

Deleted member 1946

Look at what they did with the NBA. Like compare how things get ref'd in the '90s compared to now. There is so much traveling it is a joke. I expect the NFL is no different. Different standards these days... they focus on being entertaining now actual rules these days.
    Travelling is ridiculous. OMG. I cannot watch that crap. I saw entirely too many games (several years ago) where they would not call 3 second offensive/defensive paint violations on certain players. I actually watched a college game this past weekend because I was at a friend's house where one team kept their tallest player in the paint for a large portion of the game on offense and defense and no 3 second call was called all game. It ticked me off, and I did not care who won that game. Additionally, I remember several years ago Steph Curry would engage in a moving ball screen. I used to yell at the TV and say something about why were they constantly letting him get away with that. The screen is not supposed to be moving. Of course, no call.

D

Deleted member 1946

I gave up on the NFL and NBA long ago. College football and basketball are now in the midst of going the same way.

The only undefeated team (Florida State) at the top of the rankings can't play for the national title? WTF? Making up new rules to stop coach Prime from recruiting. The number 1 and 2 seeds sometimes or who is left out in March Madness is a head scratcher and screams favortism sometimes.

Sports press and SWS tryna over hype white players from Europe. Jokic is arguably the best player. I hear articles referring to him as 'the best player in the world', routinely. Not that he probably isn't, but I've never heard them refer to Jordan back in the day as that routinely or LeBron or Kobe in their primes. White boys who have no knowledge of b-ball constantly call him the GOAT in comments. Dude wouldn't be able to start an NBA all star game in the '90s in a league with prime Shaq, Duncan, Barkley, Robinson, Ewing, Malone, etc.

I pretty much gave up on it all. I follow my alma mater once in a while in highlights. Stopped watching my childhood teams mostly.

I got into soccer in England mainly for something new that wasn't as corrupted and the league effing with it.
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I don't watch any professional sports. Totally rigged. College feels the same way although I have been hoping it was not like that. It is. I will say this. I don't think high school sports are rigged. I have watched so many high school football and basketball games, and they look legit even when my team loses. It would make sense since high school doesn't bring in anywhere near as much money as college and professional sports.

D

Deleted member 1946

Its not competition its about entertainment. Its why I'm done betting on sports after this season
    LOL. I realized this. It is so obvious. Upsets would not happen as often as you see them if things were legit. They could not make maximum revenue and profit if things were fair. There would be much fewer upsets. And people would yawn because the games would be so predictable (overall).

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Travelling is ridiculous. OMG. I cannot watch that crap. I saw entirely too many games (several years ago) where they would not call 3 second offensive/defensive paint violations on certain players. I actually watched a college game this past weekend because I was at a friend's house where one team kept their tallest player in the paint for a large portion of the game on offense and defense and no 3 second call was called all game. It ticked me off, and I did not care who won that game. Additionally, I remember several years ago Steph Curry would engage in a moving ball screen. I used to yell at the TV and say something about why were they constantly letting him get away with that. The screen is not supposed to be moving. Of course, no call.
    Yup! This is why I can't take the sport seriously anymore. They may as well have the Globe Trotters play in the NBA. If you take the greats of today and put them up against the greats of the '90s and use actual refs, they would not stand a chance.