Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Has Anyone Watched Godfather Of Harlem?

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I just came across Godfather of harlem. How do you guys rate this show and is it worth the watch?
Godfather of Harlem is one of my favorite shows, and there are some acting powerhouses in the cast (Forest Whitaker is phenomenal, and Nígel Thatch might be a better Malcolm X than Denzel)! Fair warnings, IT IS NOT HISTORICALLY ACCURATE, AND THEY PLAY CURRENT MUSIC ON THE SHOW. If you go in understanding that, you'll appreciate the show a lot more.
Gove it a chance, the show is great!

Andrew_Nate

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
This show is truly outstanding. It features superb acting and presents a historically precise portrayal of the fashion, scenery, and events of the time it's set in. The research conducted for this show is commendable. What's particularly impressive is that, even though it may not be entirely accurate, it offers those of us who didn't live during that era a valuable glimpse into the political climate, societal issues, and challenges of that pivotal historical period. It's remarkable how the show delves into the life of Mr. Johnson and explores his significant relationships, including those with Adam Clayton Powell and Malcolm X. In summary, this show is truly exceptional.