The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Has the pandemic changed how you view people?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I feel like, I don't know... There is way too much focus on trivial things again. Like for a while, things were seeming peaceful but now it is like everyone is at each other's throats based on skin color, wealth, where they live, or even what kinds of entertainment they enjoy. Like you can't be, do, or enjoy anything without having a group of people going after you for something. This is online though. I don't see this hot mess offline. Most people are just acting normal and civil. At least where I live.

Invincible1914

Sixer
Tither
Down From Day 1
zBucks
It feels like now everybody’s an expert on everything no matter what drivel they spew out of their mouth. We are so divided that people choose the opposite side of things just cause. I feel like we can come out talking feed the children somebody else will come through talking bout the hell with dem kids and here’s why. They will have full bullet points and everything.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It feels like now everybody’s an expert on everything no matter what drivel they spew out of their mouth. We are so divided that people choose the opposite side of things just cause. I feel like we can come out talking feed the children somebody else will come through talking bout the hell with dem kids and here’s why. They will have full bullet points and everything.
    For real.

Dudes who couldn't even tie their own damn shoe suddenly experts in mRNA.

I give the: disgust

Manta

Registered
    zBucks
    I feel like, I don't know... There is way too much focus on trivial things again. Like for a while, things were seeming peaceful but now it is like everyone is at each other's throats based on skin color, wealth, where they live, or even what kinds of entertainment they enjoy. Like you can't be, do, or enjoy anything without having a group of people going after you for something. This is online though. I don't see this hot mess offline. Most people are just acting normal and civil. At least where I live.
    yep, I was recently thinking the same. I rarely give strong opinions online, Mostly because I don't have time for the arguing. I definitely have thoughts on things but I can't spend the time right now making an argument with the many that will come at me lol

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    yep, I was recently thinking the same. I rarely give strong opinions online, Mostly because I don't have time for the arguing. I definitely have thoughts on things but I can't spend the time right now making an argument with the many that will come at me lol
    They just want to keep us in boxes and fighting each other. Social media is so damn toxic it is depressing at this point.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    idk, I feel more like it's been like this for the last 10-15 years if not forever. The pandemic just helped push it all online. I don't know how many times I've seen false nonsense all over my facebook, twitter, instagram and more. It's like everyone thinks they're correct and everyone else is wrong or a hater. I don't get it. I cringe whenever I look at comments on facebook, because no matter what it is, it devolves into arguments.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    They just want to keep us in boxes and fighting each other. Social media is so damn toxic it is depressing at this point.
    It's also a huge echo chamber which is causing those thoughts to calcify. If you are looking at liberal or conservative articles, the algorithm is going to serve more and more of that to you to the point that you think that's all there is in the world. Then when someone with a dissenting opinion permeates your space it feels even more invasive.

D

Deleted member 1946

It's also a huge echo chamber which is causing those thoughts to calcify. If you are looking at liberal or conservative articles, the algorithm is going to serve more and more of that to you to the point that you think that's all there is in the world. Then when someone with a dissenting opinion permeates your space it feels even more invasive.
    Yep. I see that on YouTube all the time. The echo chamber was how I was introduced to so many in the Black media. The recommended videos is great, but it also introduced me to people who I have nothing in common with. It is crazy which tells me certain videos are pushed up to the top because the content creators are on the side of the system.

Jay
    Jay
    That’s why we have to control the system so that we have control over what does not get promoted and boosted.
    D

Deleted member 1946

idk, I feel more like it's been like this for the last 10-15 years if not forever. The pandemic just helped push it all online. I don't know how many times I've seen false nonsense all over my facebook, twitter, instagram and more. It's like everyone thinks they're correct and everyone else is wrong or a hater. I don't get it. I cringe whenever I look at comments on facebook, because no matter what it is, it devolves into arguments.
    Yep. Sometimes a person may not see things from others' point of view. I have changed my opinions on things once I learned how things truly worked in society.

D

Deleted member 1946

I don't give strong opinions online either. Can't ever tell who is watching. Sellout law enforcement, etc.