The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Have any of you been on a cruise?

Tati 304

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I'm going on one in December and I'm so excited but I don't know what to expect. We are going Royal Caribbean to Mexico for 4 nights!!! Quick questions:

• Any advice on what I should pack?
  • Is it easy to sneak alcohol onboard?
  • Are you able to smoke?
  • How are the premium restaurants?
We are going on Navigator of the Seas.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I have never been on one but I have family that have gone. They did one of those island cruises where you stop off at a few places, one being Jamaica. Always wanted to go there but honestly, me and boats don't mix (I don't know how to swim lol).

As far as I know, they have specific zones for smokers on balconies away from people. Not all of them have these though so you have to look into it. Sneaking alcohol, not sure. Better off just buying it on the cruise. It is overpriced but from what I heard they have some killer drinks you can enjoy. Just drink moderately so your wallet don't suffer.

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Girl! You're going to love it! I'm so ready to get back on a cruise, I've already rescheduled my cruise 3 times due to covid.

I always pack something for during the day and for walking around the boat at night. It gets chilly at night because it's really breezy so pack a light jacket too!

I think a lot of cruises allow a certain amount of alcohol to be brought on board so you might want to check on that. I always upgrade to the drink package so I don't have to worry about it though lol

I do think there are smoking areas but I'm not sure how that works.

I've never done the premium restaurants. I like the fact that I can pay everything off in advance and my only spending is done on the island we're traveling to so I never spend the extra on the restaurants. Usually the included restaurants are pretty good and I've heard they're really good on Royal.

I hope that helps!

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I have never been on one but I have family that have gone. They did one of those island cruises where you stop off at a few places, one being Jamaica. Always wanted to go there but honestly, me and boats don't mix (I don't know how to swim lol).

As far as I know, they have specific zones for smokers on balconies away from people. Not all of them have these though so you have to look into it. Sneaking alcohol, not sure. Better off just buying it on the cruise. It is overpriced but from what I heard they have some killer drinks you can enjoy. Just drink moderately so your wallet don't suffer.
This is the truth. I smoke cigars and the last cruise I went on allowed us to smoke on deck or in the cigar lounge. You can also bring in two bottles of wine per room so you don’t have to sneak anything aboard. If you want to sneak more, they have bladders you can fill with liquor and slip into your luggage or you can use the scope bottle trick. I wouldn’t do it though, too much of a hassle.

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Ever since I heard of the horror stories about boats tipping over, and help taking forever to sort it out, I have been kinda scared to go on cruises. I think I just need to research the cruise lines before buying any tickets.

I have never gone on one before, but it's something I would really enjoy to try out at least once in my life.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ever since I heard of the horror stories about boats tipping over, and help taking forever to sort it out, I have been kinda scared to go on cruises. I think I just need to research the cruise lines before buying any tickets.

I have never gone on one before, but it's something I would really enjoy to try out at least once in my life.

When I have thoughts like this I think about all the boats that didn’t tip over, planes that didn’t crash, etc.

Tati 304

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

sanaalathanlaughDon't start putting stuff in my head now boy.

Tati 304

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Thank you. I want to do one of those but they are cancelling a lot of them because of COVID.

Girl! You're going to love it! I'm so ready to get back on a cruise, I've already rescheduled my cruise 3 times due to covid.

I always pack something for during the day and for walking around the boat at night. It gets chilly at night because it's really breezy so pack a light jacket too!

I think a lot of cruises allow a certain amount of alcohol to be brought on board so you might want to check on that. I always upgrade to the drink package so I don't have to worry about it though lol

I do think there are smoking areas but I'm not sure how that works.

I've never done the premium restaurants. I like the fact that I can pay everything off in advance and my only spending is done on the island we're traveling to so I never spend the extra on the restaurants. Usually the included restaurants are pretty good and I've heard they're really good on Royal.

I hope that helps!

OMGGGGG you got me so hype!!!! Ok so, bring a coat and get a drink package. DEAL!

This is the truth. I smoke cigars and the last cruise I went on allowed us to smoke on deck or in the cigar lounge. You can also bring in two bottles of wine per room so you don’t have to sneak anything aboard. If you want to sneak more, they have bladders you can fill with liquor and slip into your luggage or you can use the scope bottle trick. I wouldn’t do it though, too much of a hassle.
    Good to know. My man likes to smoke cigars, when he smokes the flavored ones I'll share with him.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Oh that's some gourmet cigar, that premium cuban shit.
    You see my avatar, you think I smoke that cheap stuff?

Trucks Lol GIF by Northwest Motorsport

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm going on one in December and I'm so excited but I don't know what to expect. We are going Royal Caribbean to Mexico for 4 nights!!! Quick questions:

• Are you able to smoke?
    We are going on Navigator of the Seas.
      • Jackets
      • Bathing Suit (Keep this in your carry-on so you can swim once you get on the boat)
      • Tylenol
      • I used to put it in mouthwash bottles and would get it through most of the time.
      • Now that they use x-ray scanners they usually catch most things.
    • Are you able to smoke?
      • YEs, in select areas...no weed.
      • Some are fantastic, some are mediocre. Check the name of the restaurant on the specific boat to see reveiws.

Tati 304

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
      • Jackets
      • Bathing Suit (Keep this in your carry-on so you can swim once you get on the boat)
      • Tylenol
      • I used to put it in mouthwash bottles and would get it through most of the time.
      • Now that they use x-ray scanners they usually catch most things.
    • Are you able to smoke?
      • YEs, in select areas...no weed.
      • Some are fantastic, some are mediocre. Check the name of the restaurant on the specific boat to see reveiws.
    Great advice, thanks Sovereign.