The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Have you ever been stood up?

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I got stood up years ago. We had planned a date, and he was supposed to be my partner on a project. Not only did he stand me up, but he ended up doing something else and left me stranded on the project. I had to scramble to find a new partner and it ended up being a mess lol I never talked to him again, and to be honest, I'm still kind of mad about it hahaha But anyway, have you ever been stood up? Did you give them a second chance or did you move on?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I got stood up years ago. We had planned a date, and he was supposed to be my partner on a project. Not only did he stand me up, but he ended up doing something else and left me stranded on the project. I had to scramble to find a new partner and it ended up being a mess lol I never talked to him again, and to be honest, I'm still kind of mad about it hahaha But anyway, have you ever been stood up? Did you give them a second chance or did you move on?
    It happens a lot here in LA especially when trying to conduct business. I don't really remember of any particular times because I usually forget unpleasant situations but I know it's happened in the past. What I hate is when you're excited about it and then they stand you up, then you have to pivot.

This is why in dating you have to have a roster until you know the one you want to settle down with. You get all dressed up, shorty stands you up, you call up Ronda...

shaqoneal"Hey what's yo Ronda, I been thinking about you all night, let's kick it"

bwbmiletongue"Ok slide through"

shannoncigar"Wheeeeew" the night aint a total waste.

randodisbelief"why you so dressed up...got cologne on and all that...what plans you got"

arseniolust"I ain't got no plans girl I dressed up for you"

Her: SOEskeptical

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    A few times for sure. I remember when I started to use dating sites in my 20s, was when I got stood up a lot. There was a few women I took interest in, and we talked and even got to the point to set up a time to meetup for a date, but a few of them would ignore me the day of and then just never respond.

There was one time in my teens where I was also stood up. This time I knew the woman and we had met in person before. We set up a date and she made excuses that she couldn't make it that night. We then set up another date and she did the same thing. I finally set a 3rd date up with her, and she made another excuse, and I just called it and moved on from there.

When it comes to dating sites, I like to chat a bit first, get to know each other, and then set up a date after to get to know each other further. I feel talking about yourself in person, is much better than over the phone or via text.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I got stood up but a guy I was dating on several occasions. After the 5th or 6th time, I sent him a text and just told him I am too old to be playing these games and we are done. I don't know what people think when they do this. Like if you can't commit to some plans, don't make them!