The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Have you ever done one of those DNA tests?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I was always curious. I was actually tempted to get one done a few years ago but I am glad I decided not to because some of the bigger companies were selling off the information of people to corporations and businesses. That felt really shady to me so I haven't wanted to get one done since. Don't know who I could trust!

Have you ever gotten one? If you did, did you learn anything new about yourself?

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
Like those ones that may show you if you have unknown relatives in your family? I heard there was a risk with some of them, but I have been tempted to try one of them out to see if they can find family from around the whole world. Would be cool to know if I have a family member in another state or country.

zBucks
A friend of mine did it and was able to find his father and some other relatives around the US he had no idea about. He met his father recently and it went pretty well. As for me, idk if I want to give my DNA. But, I am interested in seeing if I have any relatives hiding out somewhere.

Are there alternatives to the ones out there now?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's something I've considered but was always cautious for the same reasons everyone else is.

I will admit I laugh reading the stories where the kids buy the family a kit for Christmas and don't understand why mom is so against doing it. Then everyone finds out dad isn't really their dad lol
    YEAAAAAAH those were so cold blooded.

D

Deleted member 1946

I was always curious. I was actually tempted to get one done a few years ago but I am glad I decided not to because some of the bigger companies were selling off the information of people to corporations and businesses. That felt really shady to me so I haven't wanted to get one done since. Don't know who I could trust!

Have you ever gotten one? If you did, did you learn anything new about yourself?
    I considered years ago when I first heard about them then I started seeing how shady these companies are. My answer since then has been NO!!!!!

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean

I'm going to have it done outside America using an assumed name. The companies work with the government and police all the time.