The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Have you ever had to block someone you were once close with?

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
A few years ago, I had to block communication with my best friend. She got caught up with a guy who controlled who she hung out with and spread lies about her friends and family to turn her against them. I was the last one that held out, but she eventually became so toxic towards my family and me that I had to block her on everything. After the initial period of mourning the friendship, I was kind of relieved. She caused a lot of stress lol But anyway, have you ever had to do that?

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
A few years ago, I had to block communication with my best friend. She got caught up with a guy who controlled who she hung out with and spread lies about her friends and family to turn her against them. I was the last one that held out, but she eventually became so toxic towards my family and me that I had to block her on everything. After the initial period of mourning the friendship, I was kind of relieved. She caused a lot of stress lol But anyway, have you ever had to do that?
Toxic people from work. Toxic family members. Toxic exes.
They can all get it!

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
This is a must do as you grow up because not everyone is traveling down the same path as you. I have no problem blocking someone who is counter-productive to my growth. I grew up in a bad neighborhood and I had to divorce myself from a lot of friends and family because they would compromise my well-being simply by not caring about theirs.

I gave a homie a ride one day who had cocaine on him and this shit was in the 98 so I would have gone down hard if we got pulled over and searched. I've had multiple family member confined to their own life to the point that they screwed me over for short-term gain.

I no longer see family as someone who is related to my grandma and see it as people who do right by me and treat me well.

Goldilocks

Sixer
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Did they get away with alot?
About $3000 in insurance money for damages to my property. The worst thing about it is that she could have made a claim for her property too but she was beinging stubborn. Too dumb to really understand insurance. But when the check came in she took it and lied and said the check never came.

I talk about it in this video
I Failed. Where Do I Go From Here?

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I had to block a fool cause he wanted to play devils advocate when it wasn't time for that.

sanaalathanlaughI get told I’m that guy. People say something and here goes my Blaxk ass giving advice and other perspectives.

About $3000 in insurance money for damages to my property. The worst thing about it is that she could have made a claim for her property too but she was beinging stubborn. Too dumb to really understand insurance. But when the check came in she took it and lied and said the check never came.

That is so stupid and shows you the value of the friendship. That’s why I don’t like broke minded friends cuz they’ll let shit like that get in the way.

Goldilocks

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    sanaalathanlaughI get told I’m that guy. People say something and here goes my Blaxk ass giving advice and other perspectives.

That is so stupid and shows you the value of the friendship. That’s why I don’t like broke minded friends cuz they’ll let ish like that get in the way.
    Exactly, they fun thing is now 3k is what I use to play in crypto. It’s not that big a deal and she can barely keep an entry level job staying with her mother. Karma is a bitch

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

That is so scandalous. So she damaged your property, filed an issurance claim, and kept the payout? That’s low down AF.

Goldilocks

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That is so scandalous. So she damaged your property, filed an issurance claim, and kept the payout? That’s low down AF.
    No she didn’t damage it. The townhome we lived it flooded. She file a claim for my things that were damaged and kept the money.

Goldilocks

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    SMH.

If she gave you $3000 do you think you could ever been cool with her again?
    The funny thing is I was only going to use part of the money to replace my cheap little laptop at the time. I was gonna give her the rest. So I was gonna give her the money but she didn’t know that. It’s the fact that she lied and stole from me. I don’t care about 3k.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The funny thing is I was only going to use part of the money to replace my cheap little laptop at the time. I was gonna give her the rest. So I was gonna give her the money but she didn’t know that. It’s the fact that she lied and stole from me. I don’t care about 3k.
    People don’t even know when they have blessing coming.