The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Have you ever thought about joining the NOI? Why or why not?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No and simply because I’m not religious. I support it wholeheartedly but I don’t think dogmatism does us any good. It may work for some that need to be led but for me I can’t follow a doctrine I don’t agree with and that’s not allowed in Abraham faith. You have to accept it as truth and that’s too much for me. I never forgo my intellectual function for anyone.

E

educatedman23

No and simply because I’m not religious. I support it wholeheartedly but I don’t think dogmatism does us any good. It may work for some that need to be led but for me I can’t follow a doctrine I don’t agree with and that’s not allowed in Abraham faith. You have to accept it as truth and that’s too much for me. I never forgo my intellectual function for anyone.
    Religion does nothing but divide and conquer. I notice that people are often turned off by people who have a different religion than them.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    "I like pork and white women too much" - Shorty (Malcolm X's friend in the movie)

Real talk though. I respect them highly. The only black group of size that is on code. I'm waiting to her of any bigger and as on code. That said, I am not into the religion like that for one. I'm not a follower like that, second. But I try and buy a bean pie or a Final Call when I can.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Religion does nothing but divide and conquer. I notice that people are often turned off by people who have a different religion than them.
    I don’t know if it’s all religions but it’s definitely the big 3 Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. Those 3 religions have been ultra destructive because they think their way is the only right way to live. You can be religious but keep it to yourself. Don’t try to convert everyone because your god supposedly told you to.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    "I like pork and white women too much" - Shorty (Malcolm X's friend in the movie)

Real talk though. I respect them highly. The only black group of size that is on code. I'm waiting to her of any bigger and as on code. That said, I am not into the religion like that for one. I'm not a follower like that, second. But I try and buy a bean pie or a Final Call when I can.
    I wonder how they were able to survive the FBI onslaught. What did they do that every other movement did not. It’s probably being on code.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    There are some issues that i wouldn't be able to mentally get past, but I'm more often than not in tune with most of what they stand on. I hate how they did Malcolm and brother Khalid, but as far as a code goes. There is a lot to learn from them. They also have a lot of resources and i think when shit hits the fan, as a group, they will be the most prepared to survive and move on.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    There are some issues that i wouldn't be able to mentally get past, but I'm more often than not in tune with most of what they stand on. I hate how they did Malcolm and brother Khalid, but as far as a code goes. There is a lot to learn from them. They also have a lot of resources and i think when shit hits the fan, as a group, they will be the most prepared to survive and move on.
    I look at the works, NOT the person or people. I tried to join when I was 12 years old, but my Mom wouldn't allow me to.
    I was already working for & learning from Huey P. Newton & The Black Panther Party at age 7, as well as professor Angela Davis, Malcolm X, Mohammad Ali & I attended The NOI temple every chance I got.
    I'm now married to my Muslim King & learning this way of life. I'm in no way disappointed or regretful.
    Before, I had zero discipline whatsoever & would go upside-down anyone's head, if crossed.
    Should've been incarcerated & or dead so many times, but I know that the Most High has missions for me yet to complete & that's exactly why I'm still here & where I stand now & forever.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Religion also convinces us to unite with and forgive our enemies and even refer to them as "family", "brother", and "sister." To the religious folk reading this thread, be careful.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My twin brother joined way back, I was in the streets too much, I always admired how them brothas moved. Very respected. Since my city #PDX has been gentrified, I never see them anymore, I doubt they are here anymore.
    I did used to buy a bean pie and a paper from them every time I saw them.
    It was always nice to roll down the Ave and see them walking and always out and about.

zenithprobe

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I admire their dedication and discipline but as someone who “came out” as an agonstic non-believer before age 10, I don’t support their religious beliefs.
    It’s frustrating because I understand how important a shared belief is to a cohesive movement (especially the belief that everything takes place under divine providence).

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Same sentiments.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wonder how they were able to survive the FBI onslaught. What did they do that every other movement did not. It’s probably being on code.
    Yeah, it is said that 30 days of repetition begins a habit, so it stands to reason that collectively after years of practicing a certain discreet stance, the habit becomes a Code.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Bingo‼️, as I contemplate the question I cannot help but wonder that, if the Black community throughout America had as large a proliferation of Mosque as we do churches, what & how would our communities look & function.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I look at the works, NOT the person or people. I tried to join when I was 12 years old, but my Mom wouldn't allow me to.
    I was already working for & learning from Huey P. Newton & The Black Panther Party at age 7, as well as professor Angela Davis, Malcolm X, Mohammad Ali & I attended The NOI temple every chance I got.
    I'm now married to my Muslim King & learning this way of life. I'm in no way disappointed or regretful.
    Before, I had zero discipline whatsoever & would go upside-down anyone's head, if crossed.
    Should've been incarcerated & or dead so many times, but I know that the Most High has missions for me yet to complete & that's exactly why I'm still here & where I stand now & forever.
    Much Respect 1669085500146.png

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I was heavy into Dr. Khalid Abdul Muhammad, after Malcolm X was killed & still watch him on YouTube, as well as Minister Farrakhan.
    It's still my dream to visit his masque in Chicago someday. 🙏🏽❤️🙏🏽

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Religion also convinces us to unite with and forgive our enemies and even refer to them as "family", "brother", and "sister." To the religious folk reading this thread, be careful.
    It's NOT a religion, it's a way of life. I don't know of any religion other than the NOI that got thousands of Black men off drugs, out of being incarcerated, self respect of themselves & their women & children & gave them monetary positions within the NOI.