The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Have You Traced Your DNA Back To Specific Tribe?

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Yes, I know some of the arguments about we not African and we
were already here ...

... That's true, but some were indeed trafficked in the Maafa , and others still traveled and migrated from Africa ( the direct current from Africa to the Americas, it's easy to see how this could occur) ...

Point is, your people came from a specific tribe .. if you do African Ancestry – Trace Your DNA. Find Your Roots. Today. , they can trace your lineage back to a specific tribe (I think they try to compare your DNA with a specifics groups, even that has its faults, due to migration, etc) ..

Who else has done this?

My father's side comes from the Balanta tribe in Guinea-Bissau ... "the ones who resisted" ...

What's cool is your father's DNA maintained its integrity from male to male, so now, my son knows his ties also ...

I haven't done my mother's side yet ...

If you haven't done it, I encourage all to do it ... They not like other companies, that keep your DNA ..

Screenshot_2024-02-23-09-19-50-35_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

Last edited:

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I also found out that the Balanta people possibly migrated from Egypt, Sudan, Somali region .. crazy is another African guessed it ... Who knows ...

RCNAL
RCNAL
Yo, thanks for sharing. Very, very interesting. Seems these DNA ancestry tests, opens up more questions when I hear about them. I hadn't realized you can do a deep dive. Most give you a region and a percentage. Do you plan to visit at some point? You plan any further digging?
Reactions: cjg

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
RCNAL I definitely want to visit .. they have a whole group on FB, and once you find out, you can find others with the same heritage ...

.. I found out about a brotha (used to dive in the Olympics , I believe) with some heritage group and some type of status living over there , they do tours and advocacy .. anyway, his group announced ways to get dual citizenship ... Now I know, I can go over there with some familiarity and ppl to show me around ...

.. it helps when you have some insider information about the country .. it definitely opens more possibilities ...

Would love to go there .. I also want to visit some other places, so I'm not sure if I'll get there during my first trip ...

Fyi. You should check out ouraddi.org, started by H.E. Dr. Arikana . This is another organization trying to create and foster links within the diaspora on an economic level. Top notch stuff