Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

House of the Dragon

Stan Zero

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I have yet to check out this prequel series just yet. Isn't it on its second episode at this point? I may check it out soon, it looks promising.
Music is good, acting is phenomenal, and it’s every bit as good as the original…SO FAR.
Up until the last few seasons that is. I hated the final season. I think it got worse once they ran out of material to go off of. The writer of the book still hasn't finished the series, so the tv show had to get creative and do their own thing, which I think hurt it a lot.
I didn't watch Game of Thrones. I considered it but when I heard how they ended it in a train wreck, I changed my mind. I am not going to invest my time in something that ended poorly.
The first 4-5 seasons are some of the best television you'll see. Sadly the last few seasons aren't as good, especially with the last one because they had to rush the final season. You'll probably hate how it ends.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I liked all of it. Even the ending. Arya killing the white walker king wasn't supposed to happen actually. It was originally going to be the obvious. Jon Snow and the writers changed it. I thought that was stupid but I just enjoy movies and tv shows. I am not a deep analyzer of these shows and such unless they totally 'jump the shark' to use an old tv term when a show goes completely off the rails. I didn't think Game of Thrones went off the rails at all.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The first 4-5 seasons are some of the best television you'll see. Sadly the last few seasons aren't as good, especially with the last one because they had to rush the final season. You'll probably hate how it ends.
    This is why I didn't want to watch it. No matter how good the first several season are, I know if I watch it that I am not going to be able to just stop before it gets bad and it will ruin it for me.

Finesse

Sixer
    zBucks
    I haven't watched the premiere yet. I've been meaning to, as I've got to HBO Max three separate occasions to watch it, but I always get pulled away to do something else. I'm going to try watching it today or tomorrow sometime.
    This is why I didn't want to watch it. No matter how good the first several season are, I know if I watch it that I am not going to be able to just stop before it gets bad and it will ruin it for me.
    Yeah those last few seasons were a pain to go through. They are still decent television based off of production value alone, but the story and the way we get to places just hurts the show more than anything. And that ending.

I still would suggest watching the first few seasons, even if you don't intend to watch the rest, they are so good.

And the good thing about the prequel show, is that you don't really need to watch the Game of Thrones to get into it.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah those last few seasons were a pain to go through. They are still decent television based off of production value alone, but the story and the way we get to places just hurts the show more than anything. And that ending.

I still would suggest watching the first few seasons, even if you don't intend to watch the rest, they are so good.

And the good thing about the prequel show, is that you don't really need to watch the Game of Thrones to get into it.
    This is true. I mean if the new show ends up being good, I won't have to concern myself with the last one. I am not going to invest my time though until I know for sure it is a good show. I have a friend who watched all seasons of GoT and she was so disappointed and angry at the end of it, it ruined TV series for her. She hasn't watched a series since and only watches movies now.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I know I'm in the minority but I didn't feel Game of Thrones fell off so much to the point, I wasn't anxiously awaiting each episode and I enjoyed every single one of those episodes enough to anxiously anticipate the next one up and including the final.

I am bit odd in that sense I guess. Maybe I'm easily entertained.

Pretty Country

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am currently watching Game of Thrones. I AM excited about House of Dragons.
    Oh you best believe I was. I have been waiting for this show and so for it has not disappointed. We even have a House called the "Stoney Dornish". Building another named, "Bravosy Blazers". Once I figure out this platform We may transition over here if the community responds well to the conversation.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    The first episode of House of The Dragon was so good that I watched it over and over again. The second episode came out last night and I will be watching it soon.

I'm going to rewatch Game of Thrones once House of The Dragon is completed.
    Waiting for new telly (tv) to arrive first 👍🏿

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The one thing I've never understood was this. Why did any of the kings of the 7 kingdoms fight in the first place? Targaryens had an army AND dragons. How you gonna win? Me? Take the momentary L and plot on some 48 rules of power, machiavelian, sun tzu ish and get at them later, when you see an opening. Just saying.

D

Deleted member 191

The first episode was really good. The second episode was a little meh. I'm excited for the next one though.
    Interested to see how Corlys plays both brothers against the middle.
    I'm team Corlys obviously. He told those white people about Stepping Stones and they did what white people always do when black people inform them of imminent problems......brush it off like it's not important.....then when it becomes important they want the black person to save everyone

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    I haven't checked out the new series yet, been putting it off because I don't want to get invested into another show that could eventually goes down in quality as we go into new seasons. Much like with Game of Thrones. I hated how it ended and no matter what you do in this show, it still leads to the original show. But, I hope this overall story turns out to be better than the original series, and I think they want to make that happen with the production value alone. I'm hearing they beefed up the sets a lot for this series compared to what they had early on in the first few seasons of the original show.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    The one thing I've never understood was this. Why did any of the kings of the 7 kingdoms fight in the first place? Targaryens had an army AND dragons. How you gonna win? Me? Take the momentary L and plot on some 48 rules of power, machiavelian, sun tzu ish and get at them later, when you see an opening. Just saying.
    Wasn't it the usual obsession with these non black groups -dominion over all the other kingdoms

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    I didn't watch Game of Thrones. I considered it but when I heard how they ended it in a train wreck, I changed my mind. I am not going to invest my time in something that ended poorly.
    House of Dragons should be better than Game of Thrones. I didn't watch Game of Thrones too as a result of how the movie ended too.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    House of Dragons should be better than Game of Thrones. I didn't watch Game of Thrones too as a result of how the movie ended too.
    I never found anything wrong with how Game of Thrones ended. What were you expecting to happen? If the Mother of Dragons Denny wasn't killed by Snow, she's going to do worst than her father the Mad King.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Daemon Targaryen is a bad ass. I kinda don't like how they got the brothers acting like they don't want that smoke from their enemy but its white writers probably.
    Whenever Daemon Targaryen appears in any scene, everything gets tuned up the band. Although, I wasn't down the incest they almost committed in the episode 4 even though it's supported by the Targaryen laws/culture.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm looking forward to the time jump of older young adult Rhaenyra(Future Queen) and how the personalities differ from the childish temperamental teenager. How much of her disdain of the common folk will carry over in addition to her diplomatic tactics.
    Her character change was incredible and as good as she was when she was a younger. I'm not sure which character was more pretty though.

Paid1nFull

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I liked all of it. Even the ending. Arya killing the white walker king wasn't supposed to happen actually. It was originally going to be the obvious. Jon Snow and the writers changed it. I thought that was stupid but I just enjoy movies and tv shows. I am not a deep analyzer of these shows and such unless they totally 'jump the shark' to use an old tv term when a show goes completely off the rails. I didn't think Game of Thrones went off the rails at all.
    SPOILER ALERT negro