The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

How do you handle hobbies your significant other is into that you're not interested in?

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The most common would be video games (2K specifically) but how do you handle this? Do you act like you enjoy it, avoid them while they're enjoying it, or does it annoy you?
    My wife loves to garden and a ton of other things, she's constantly moving around. I can't watch movies with her because she can't sit for too long, she's always doing something.
    It really doesn't bother me, I like seeing her do what she likes even if I'm not into any of it.
    I have hobbies I'm into that she doesn't do, it just works out I guess. Helps to have 23 years of marriage under your belt.

What type of situation are you in?

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    My wife loves to garden and a ton of other things, she's constantly moving around. I can't watch movies with her because she can't sit for too long, she's always doing something.
    It really doesn't bother me, I like seeing her do what she likes even if I'm not into any of it.
    I have hobbies I'm into that she doesn't do, it just works out I guess. Helps to have 23 years of marriage under your belt.

What type of situation are you in?

It's just a question that came to mind because of a meme I saw, trying to get my money right before I even think about dating

Goldilocks

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The most common would be video games (2K specifically) but how do you handle this? Do you act like you enjoy it, avoid them while they're enjoying it, or does it annoy you?
    I let him do his thing. But I can't remember the last time I dated a man who plays video games. Sports I can do but not someone who sits around playing games all day.