Self-Sufficiency and Preppers

Are you ready for the day the system falls? Our group is here to help each other prep for a disaster scenario.

Stats

Category
Lifestyle
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

How do you maintain motivation throughout the day to accomplish tasks?

Yuskii

Sixer
Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What are your tips or techniques to keep your motivation up so that you have the will to complete tasks that you want to complete throughout the day?

My motivation level fluctuate alot throughout the day making it hard to stay consistent with my to-do lists.

Mrs. BLACKRADICAL

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My husband and I watch the news. That always seems to get me off my butt. There's always something in the nightly news that makes me want to make sure that we will be ready for system failure.

We also write out a physical to-do list and post it somewhere in the house with high foot traffic. Its hard not to notice it and after a while it feels like it's taunting you. We will pick a couple things and agree okay by this weekend or by Wednesday we have to have this done.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What are your tips or techniques to keep your motivation up so that you have the will to complete tasks that you want to complete throughout the day?

My motivation level fluctuate alot throughout the day making it hard to stay consistent with my to-do lists.
    You have to keep the end goal in mind IMO. What are these tasks on you to-do going to accomplish? Some to-do‘s suck like paying bills and going to the post office but others move you closer to your goals slowly. You need to structure your life so that your to-do list is moving your life forward and not keeping you still. If you don’t, your to-do becomes too routine, nothing in your life changes, and you disregard ir.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My husband and I watch the news. That always seems to get me off my butt. There's always something in the nightly news that makes me want to make sure that we will be ready for system failure.

We also write out a physical to-do list and post it somewhere in the house with high foot traffic. Its hard not to notice it and after a while it feels like it's taunting you. We will pick a couple things and agree okay by this weekend or by Wednesday we have to have this done.
    Tell em wifey 😆. But seriously that physical list does wonder for me. In addition to the news, watching other black homesteaders like
    Faith family homestead or lead farmer 73 always gets me motivated. I am reminded how far I have to go but also how attainable self sufficiency really is.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You have to keep the end goal in mind IMO. What are these tasks on you to-do going to accomplish? Some to-do‘s suck like paying bills and going to the post office but others move you closer to your goals slowly. You need to structure your life so that your to-do list is moving your life forward and not keeping you still. If you don’t, your to-do becomes too routine, nothing in your life changes, and you disregard ir.
    Facts. Gotta set meaningful goals. Even If its multiple parts to the goal breaking it up and getting it done still makes you feel accomplished.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I tend to keep a small list of tasks at a time on a checklist and check them off as I go. I find that isolation helps me. I work well alone. People tend to be distractions and are often demotivators. An accountability partner helps as well. I try not to get involved into do many things that are not in my lane. It seems it helps.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Personally, I keep a list of daily tasks to get done and one of the main keys is trying not to think too hard about certain tasks but to just do them. Which is easier said than done, but it should be a goal to reach that mindset with things. And then realizing that certain things may not be enjoyable, but it'll feel good to get it done. And with little things that add up over time, just look at it like you're a farmer and you're the crop you're curating. The growth might seem slow, but one day you'll look back and see how much you've grown over time.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Personally, I keep a list of daily tasks to get done and one of the main keys is trying not to think too hard about certain tasks but to just do them. Which is easier said than done, but it should be a goal to reach that mindset with things. And then realizing that certain things may not be enjoyable, but it'll feel good to get it done. And with little things that add up over time, just look at it like you're a farmer and you're the crop you're curating. The growth might seem slow, but one day you'll look back and see how much you've grown over time.
    You right about even when its a task you don't want to do just do it cause it gives you momentum. Once you're on a roll you'd be surprised at how much can get done in a day.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    You right about even when its a task you don't want to do just do it cause it gives you momentum. Once you're on a roll you'd be surprised at how much can get done in a day.
    An object in motion stays in motion. That's definitely true. And once activity becomes a habit, it becomes just easier to maintain.

Nat Turner

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA

The bread. Definitely the bread.

OTR

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

You have to change your mental paradigm mate, from operating on will/motivation to operating on principle. That is the key!

I hate going to the gym sometimes but fitness is part of my lifestyle therefore I go to the gym whether I feel like or not because a healthy lifestyle is one of my principles.

Principles and discipline will take you further than talent or skill.