Gaming

The official community for Sixers who have a passion for all things video games.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

How I Feel About Sonic Frontiers

D

Deleted member 1475

After watching one of the Sonic Frontiers livestreams on the 'DukeCT Livestream Channel', I went straight to my nearest store and bought the game and ended up playing it and it's pretty good so far. It's the only Sonic game that I've played that matches my speed of gameplay since I don't often play fast paced videogames. The story seems good, graphics were amazing and so was the music (especially with the punk rock sound in that Titan boss battle with Super Sonic) but the EDM got some getting used to. I did have some problems with the game though, like the rehashing of classic stages like in Forces, Generations and the Sonic 4 games along with running into the bosses of the world on accident and having to listen to the boss music even when I'm far away from the enemy but those are the only problems that I have so far. I was always skeptical of Sonic games despite me never playing them because I'm more used to watching people play videogames but it's better than I thought it would be.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
Super Moderator
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Shoutout to Dukect

Robert Redford Nod GIF

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    After watching one of the Sonic Frontiers livestreams on the 'DukeCT Livestream Channel', I went straight to my nearest store and bought the game and ended up playing it and it's pretty good so far. It's the only Sonic game that I've played that matches my speed of gameplay since I don't often play fast paced videogames. The story seems good, graphics were amazing and so was the music (especially with the punk rock sound in that Titan boss battle with Super Sonic) but the EDM got some getting used to. I did have some problems with the game though, like the rehashing of classic stages like in Forces, Generations and the Sonic 4 games along with running into the bosses of the world on accident and having to listen to the boss music even when I'm far away from the enemy but those are the only problems that I have so far. I was always skeptical of Sonic games despite me never playing them because I'm more used to watching people play videogames but it's better than I thought it would be.

Great post. My biggest complaints are:

• No momentum
    • Boss battles play on rails
    • Last couple islands are rehashed
    • Cyberspace stages are so/so
    • Too much 2D at the end
    • Enemy design was wack

Other than that I think it is a good foundation for the future of Sonic.

B
    B1 Ski-Kid
    Yeah the enemy names were bad also. 'Tower', 'Ninja' and 'Squid' just seemed random and pointless.
    Jay
    Jay
    Yes they weren’t creative at all in regards to the enemies. Last dude was a reskin with the name “supreme” and the last past boss was weak sauce.
    D

Deleted member 1475

Here's some constructive information that is based on the Racist messaging In Sonic Frontiers: The first boss of the game is a giant Black robot called 'Giganto' but the final boss of the game is a White coloured remodel of the same boss called 'Supreme' (I also find it interesting that the first boss in the game is the only Black 'Titan' in the entire game and is also the weakest boss.), they might as well have called the final boss 'White Power' instead if they wanted to be that obvious. It also reminds me of the same Racist symbolism that was analysed in 'Color Monitors' book by Martin Kevorkian, a book that I had talked about on 'A Glass Of Wine And A Good Book'.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Here's some constructive information that is based on the Racist messaging In Sonic Frontiers: The first boss of the game is a giant Black robot called 'Giganto' but the final boss of the game is a White coloured remodel of the same boss called 'Supreme' (I also find it interesting that the first boss in the game is the only Black 'Titan' in the entire game and is also the weakest boss.), they might as well have called the final boss 'White Power' instead if they wanted to be that obvious. It also reminds me of the same Racist symbolism that was analysed in 'Color Monitors' book by Martin Kevorkian, a book that I had talked about on 'A Glass Of Wine And A Good Book'.
    Supreme was weak AF for a semi-final boss. But also the thing to remember is that Japanese culture is like that. They make all their characters white looking with wide eyes so it is what it is. If we want to be represented properly we will have to make our own games.

D

Deleted member 1475

Supreme was weak AF for a semi-final boss. But also the thing to remember is that Japanese culture is like that. They make all their characters white looking with wide eyes so it is what it is. If we want to be represented properly we will have to make our own games.
    Yes that's how the White Supremacists have programmed their Non-White Victims within the Race Camp (which is a predominantly Non-White populated place) known as Japan, I had noticed that when I started reading both old manga and newer manga and had drawn a distinction between the two that indicates that in older manga the so-called Japanese characters look like so-called Asians and the newer mangas have characters that are supposed to be Non-White look like White characters instead. A very slow Racist indoctrination process.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes that's how the White Supremacists have programmed their Non-White Victims within the Race Camp (which is a predominantly Non-White populated place) known as Japan, I had noticed that when I started reading both old manga and newer manga and had drawn a distinction between the two that indicates that in older manga the so-called Japanese characters look like so-called Asians and the newer mangas have characters that are supposed to be Non-White look like White characters instead. A very slow Racist indoctrination process

It started after WW2. When Japan was rebuilt it was rebuilt in America's image psychologically. It's basically the same as South Korea...America doesn't want any of those vassals feeling themselves. The culture of imperial Japan and them being the master race was damn near extinguished. But back to Sonic Frontiers I don't know if the Giganto vs Supreme thing hold weight because 90% of the enemies are black colored except supreme and the flying one with the ugly purple road it leaves. I think the first one is gray and the second one is steel blue.

D

Deleted member 1475

It started after WW2. When Japan was rebuilt it was rebuilt in America's image psychologically. It's basically the same as South Korea...America doesn't want any of those vassals feeling themselves. The culture of imperial Japan and them being the master race was damn near extinguished. But back to Sonic Frontiers I don't know if the Giganto vs Supreme thing hold weight because 90% of the enemies are black colored except supreme and the flying one with the ugly purple road it leaves. I think the first one is gray and the second one is steel blue.
    Thank you for the constructive information on so-called Asia after WW2. I'm slightly colourblind so apologies if my observation wasn't completely accurate, I did notice that in the last hub world of the game in which you fight the final boss there are smaller robot-looking enemies that appear to be White that look more human and they are the strongest along with those Black cat-like creatures that when you encounter them, they surround you and build a small rotating circle and pop out of the corners to attack you. I could be overthinking the significance of those cat-like creatures being Black and the more human looking White robots in the last hub world of the game but I'm currently studying Racist messaging in the Third Area Of Entertainment and would like to expose some of my findings to Non-White people along the way. I also have found it constructive that you have pointed out a flaw in my research and I will attempt to try better in my analysis next time. Thank you again.