The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

How much do you spend on groceries per week?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I know some people do bi-weekly shopping while others go once a week. I do my shopping once a week. When I have the basics stocked, I was able to get a week's worth of groceries for around $65 and just yesterday, I did my shopping and the total took me back. It was $140. Prior to this, the highest I have spent since inflation started getting bad was $90. I looked over everything and the cost of the chicken I normally buy doubled. Things like sweets and candy are up 30%. All the fruit and veg I bought doubled. I knew this was a bigger list than normal but I did not expect to be paying more than $110 TOPS. What the hell is going on? It seems like everything suddenly jumped in price again this year.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
I know some people do bi-weekly shopping while others go once a week. I do my shopping once a week. When I have the basics stocked, I was able to get a week's worth of groceries for around $65 and just yesterday, I did my shopping and the total took me back. It was $140. Prior to this, the highest I have spent since inflation started getting bad was $90. I looked over everything and the cost of the chicken I normally buy doubled. Things like sweets and candy are up 30%. All the fruit and veg I bought doubled. I knew this was a bigger list than normal but I did not expect to be paying more than $110 TOPS. What the hell is going on? It seems like everything suddenly jumped in price again this year.
$150, but we only go once per month & we also keep stocking our WHEN THE SHIT HITS THE FAN stuff.