The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

How Much Money in Middle Class in Your City?

D

Deleted member 1946

Here in the DFW you have to make more than $51k but I think it’s cap. You need to be more around $60k - $70k to be in the low end of the middle class. All the transplants are making everything go up in price.

View attachment 6153
I always wonder how people are constantly able to buy what they are wanting. It is hard to determine how much money is needed when everybody's wants are different.

D

Deleted member 191

Here's a reddit article I found the screenshot pasted in. I had to attach the link as a picture because the moderator removed the post.

The headline suggests that the middle class are people who live in these areas making the dollar amounts listed, but context is everything, and for me, if you're not also showing cost of living along with these figures then, idk....at best, this info seems misleading, to me. But maybe it's just me.

Screenshot_20230104_082511.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Too small to see that.

I have looked into it before. States differ from each other. You go based on cost of living. Middle class (and not just lower-middle class) starts at about 80k per year these days. That is the cost of a family of four in middle class. Lower-middle class is 40k to 79k. Standard-middle class is 80k to 100k. Upper-middle class is 101k to 130k.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I lived in DFW about 8 years ago and I was making around $80k at that time.
    I was able to live pretty well off that amount.

If I lived there now that would translate to around $95k or more. If you're married with children you can live fairly well off that.

If you are single you should be ballin on that amount.

I live down in San Antonio now and I make around $108k to$110k and I'm doing well.

I look at it this way. If you Google salaries of popular jobs like teachers, police, parole and probation officer, accountants just to name a few. I'm out earning most all of those especially at their entry level. Some I'm out earning on the experienced level.

So I'm doing just as good if not better than a lot of white people in these professions