The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

How often do you see your friends?

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
I feel like as I've gotten older, I'm seeing my friends less and less. This is especially the case with a few of my girl friends who have kids now. We're lucky if we see each other once a month! Of course this is all worse with the pandemic but I was already feeling this before everything shut down.
Welcome to the world of adulthood. I haven't hung out with my friends or most of my family in 2 years now, and so I am ready to get back to that. Of course, that's to blame on the pandemic.

Sadly, friends grow away because of family, work, and life in general. What I recommend doing, is see about setting up a party to hang out with your friends. Make a date, schedule it, and see if they come. Or, see what times work for them, and set it around that. If we can't hang out as often anymore, than a once in a while party sounds fun.

Storm

Sixer
zBucks
Welcome to the world of adulthood. I haven't hung out with my friends or most of my family in 2 years now, and so I am ready to get back to that. Of course, that's to blame on the pandemic.

Sadly, friends grow away because of family, work, and life in general. What I recommend doing, is see about setting up a party to hang out with your friends. Make a date, schedule it, and see if they come. Or, see what times work for them, and set it around that. If we can't hang out as often anymore, than a once in a while party sounds fun.
Yeah that's good advice. I've really been ready to do something with them so maybe I'll plan it soon.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I feel like as I've gotten older, I'm seeing my friends less and less. This is especially the case with a few of my girl friends who have kids now. We're lucky if we see each other once a month! Of course this is all worse with the pandemic but I was already feeling this before everything shut down.
    Outside of the friends I cycle with, I see most people once a month.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I don't have any friends.
    I have only few friends because I have been stabbed a lot of times in the back by my so called friends. I keep my circle very small and tight. We all meet and hook up once in a while. Some of my good friends are no longer living near me, so we only communicate online from time to time.

E

educatedman23

I have only few friends because I have been stabbed a lot of times in the back by my so called friends. I keep my circle very small and tight. We all meet and hook up once in a while. Some of my good friends are no longer living near me, so we only communicate online from time to time.
    Interesting. As people go off to live off their own life, they still make time for who they want to talk to as I understand from what you are saying. I need a small circle.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    It varies. I don't have a large circle but I keep fairly consistent contact with those I associate with. As far as physically seeing my friends, there's a couple I may see on a weekly to biweekly basis, but there may be months that go by without seeing the others. But it's just life and everyone is understanding. When we see each other we just pick up where we left off.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Most of my friends are no longer living in close proximity with me. We usually stay years without seeing one another and it's really painful because these are guys I grew up with and we are all so close. It's only on video calls that we all hook up once in a while.

Christybabe

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I can't remember the last time I saw my childhood friends,my college friends and my old friends. I chat with some of them on Facebook,and talk to some through WhatsApp calls. The new ones I made few years ago are very few,but I get to see them often. I really miss my old/childhood friends.