The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

How Would You Handle Your FWB Falling in Love?

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    black fwb.jpg

Guys how did you let a woman down in the past when she was catching feelings? Did you ghost or were straight-forward? Ladies, how have you let down guys in the past that wanted to go beyond FWB?

I was inspired to ask while browsing Reddit, I know don't judge and I came across this post:

My [M25] FWB/friend with benefits [F23] has recently confessed that she is in love with me. She spoke in such a way that she could still have plausible deniability.

In other words she didn't expressly say that it is me but that there is another guy that she met "number-of-months" ago on "dating site" and that they're just friends but she has fallen in love with him.. she descriped this other man to me and I am 99% sure it is me. Unless there's another man she met around the same time as me on the same website that also happens to have the same physical features and hobbies and interests as me..unlikely.

Anyways..here comes my problem:
    1) I really don't want to hurt her. I have gotten to a point where I do care about her but in the platonic sense.
    2) I don't see myself dating her.

How do I let her down gently?
    View: https://www.reddit.com/r/dating/comments/xukdcg/my_fwb_has_fallen_in_love_with_me_what_do_i_do/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I‘ve been in this situation and I had to let him go. He started to get jealous and put expectations on me I was never going to meet. Guys how do you let a woman down when she is catching feelings? Do you ghost or are straight-forward? Ladies, how have you let down guys in the past that wanted to go beyond FWB?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Guys how did you let a woman down in the past when she was catching feelings? Did you ghost or were straight-forward? Ladies, how have you let down guys in the past that wanted to go beyond FWB?

I was inspired to ask while browsing Reddit, I know don't judge and I came across this post:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/dating/comments/xukdcg/my_fwb_has_fallen_in_love_with_me_what_do_i_do/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I‘ve been in this situation and I had to let him go. He started to get jealous and put expectations on me I was never going to meet. Guys how do you let a woman down when she is catching feelings? Do you ghost or are straight-forward? Ladies, how have you let down guys in the past that wanted to go beyond FWB?

Straight-forward is always the way to go but it's difficult if you're lying to the woman about your relationship. If you're keeping it a buck and making it clear that she is in a situationship then when she catches feelings you can be like:

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

I had a situation like that about two years ago. I met a woman on a dating site, took her skiing, and then I posted some pictures of me skiing on my dating profile. She was so upset and she said she thought she was enough for me and I said "I never said we were exclusive" then I hit her with the:

She gave me an ultimatum text not too long after and I read it and was like:

I never responded...

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I never really let myself get into a position like this. Usually, I cut things off before feelings get too deep.

I think if I was with someone who was caring too much and wanting more when I didn't, I would just be real about it. Tell him I don't want a relationship and I understand if he needs to move on if he needs more. If I was on the other side of things... I would be more mad at myself, unless her was fronting then I would be mad as hell lol

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    View attachment 4092

I play no games with people's feelings and I was flat out how it was, how it still is and how it will continue to be. Beating around the bush causes boo koo problems and drama that I dont have time for.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm Generation X, a lot of us took our ques from our music, I remember when Janet Jackson came out with "let's wait awhile" and "what have you done for me lately" the girls wasn't giving up chit! Lol
    New Edition gave you the instructions on how to let a girl down gracefully with "You're not my kind of girl"
    And the S. O. S. Band made females accept being with a "player" with songs like "just be good to me"

I always took the honest approach, didn't matter the situation, if I was dealing with more than one female, the other knew, if I didn't vibe with one for whatever reason, I let her know... Honesty is the best policy.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I try to be as cordial and diplomatic as possible. I'm at the point where if I spot stuff early and I'm like 'Nah, I'm good'. I start out saying she is a cool girl, and that she will have no problem finding someone (whether its true or not), I also say that its not either ours fault, but I don't see enough of a vibe, etc to proceed but its a small world so lets just end cordially so if we ever run into each other again, there isn't animosity, etc. I always end it with, Good luck, Stay blessed.

For the fellas. She will show your break up if its in message form to her friends. No matter how respectful you are they are gonna do that 'gurl, he wasn't about sh*t anyway" even though inside they will say 'This brotha sounds hella cool, she must be tripping' .

Finally, for a lot of women, I don't want to say most but it seems like most. It doesn't matter how you end it. You can be as nice as whatever, women aren't accustomed to it, especially cute ones and they will trip. They will try and argue and vicious to get you to cuss them out so they can justify that you were really ain't sh*t. Don't fall for it. When I get that back I take it as a sign that I did make the right choice.

I don't respond, I usually have to end up blocking the chick. Because women want to always be the one that ends it and you're supposed to accept it and not trip. True, but not if the roles are reversed. A very few will appreciate it. But a lot will cuss you out "You probably like white girl" , "You can't handle a real woman" Or they question your masculinity or sexuality to trigger you. I laugh inside....half will hit me up at some point after they out with Pookie and Ray Ray got ran through and either 1. act like they never tripped or 2. be genuinely sorry but once I'm done...I'm done.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Looks like we still have some gentlemen left in the world. I'm impressed with your answers Blackgravity RCNAL Jay and The Haze Of Our Lives.

Sapphire you're right you have to cut it off right away. When he is sprung there is nothing you can do about it. Every time you let him dip his fingers in the cookie jar the more his love will grow. Next thing you known you are getting flowers at the job, expensive dinners, and it becomes too much. Been there, done that. Drop that thang off and leave boy what's so hard about that?

Finesse

Sixer
    zBucks
    Honestly, I'm the one who has caught feelings during a FWB situation. We started out like anyone would, but we hung out a little more than we should have and I started to get feelings for her and yeah, it was rough. I told her how I felt and that if she wasn't into that, we can go our separate ways. She told me she wasn't interested in dating me, and that was that.

I think if the script was flipped and I wanted to end it with my FWB, I would be honest and get right to the point. I would say I am still set on being friends only and that if it doesn't work for her, we can end it.