The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

(Hypo) Which would have more of an impact for Foundation Black America? Black ppl sweeping the Oscars/Grammies or the 1st Black Fem Sup.Court Justice?

DarkBeastAoA

Don't worry, Time reveals it all. ...Always does.
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Considering the media hoopla concerning Biden's plans on nominating a black woman as Supreme Court Justice, and with American culture being more accessible to blk folks than American politics, I really don't see this nomination meaning much in large scheme of things. ...But maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

TAILIANNA

Black Communist Daoist Immortal
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Half Black
Origin
Canada
Considering the media hoopla concerning Biden's plans on nominating a black woman as Supreme Court Justice, and with American culture being more accessible to blk folks than American politics, I really don't see this nomination meaning much in large scheme of things. ...But maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.
No you nailed it it is a performative gesturento get blacks back in the democrat party because the mid terms is going to be a blood bath. And of course instead of substantive change the only card in their deck is identity polotics and pandering. Neither of these gestures would mean anything they will never elect a sc justice that is team black power. The best she could be is an obama.

DarkBeastAoA

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
No you nailed it it is a performative gesturento get blacks back in the democrat party because the mid terms is going to be a blood bath. And of course instead of substantive change the only card in their deck is identity polotics and pandering. Neither of these gestures would mean anything they will never elect a sc justice that is team black power. The best she could be is an obama.
Faaaacts. I don't see this performance working, and yes, a blood bath indeed coming. The Democratic Party is going to learn a very valuable lesson respecting the power of the black vote. Biden can keep that nomination.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is a hilarious question, it made me laugh and the sad thing is that historically this would be a valid question. You know the answer too. Neither. Both options are NyQuil meant to anesthetize us and keep us on the political treadmill. We are right on the money with our demands right now and it's a problem for the system. If the Black woman Supreme Court nominee nonsense doesn't work then it's going to get nasty.

Kzzl

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How the new SCJ, or any politician, aligns on FBA issues is what needs to be looked at.
    How much power she will actually wield when voting on issues is another.
    Which mean the other SCJ's are still crucial to getting stuff done.

The Hollywood angle is also dependent on them being on code.
    But consider how much of black Hollywood is off-code immigrants.
    Even then you still have clowns like Terry Crews out there.

I don't expect much from either. Symbolism at most.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    How the new SCJ, or any politician, aligns on FBA issues is what needs to be looked at.

After the PBT and TBA broadcasts its clear that these nominees do not have our best interest at heart at all.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Neither. Most people don't give a rat's behind about the Grammys today. I don't know a single person who watches it anymore. Who cares about a bunch of rich people patting each other on the backs, black or white. That does nothing for real working people. And politics? That is just a joke. They are all paid to fall in line. Whoever gets in will just be doing the same ish and the white version, it will just look a lot less obvious to everyday people who don't pay attention.

DarkBeastAoA

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    This is a hilarious question, it made me laugh and the sad thing is that historically this would be a valid question. You know the answer too. Neither. Both options are NyQuil meant to anesthetize us and keep us on the political treadmill. We are right on the money with our demands right now and it's a problem for the system. If the Black woman Supreme Court nominee nonsense doesn't work then it's going to get nasty.
    Right on the money, we are bro! About time too. Oh, and the 'nasty' is long overdue too.

DarkBeastAoA

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

And ineffective symbolism indeed.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I will only get behind the SCJ thing if it’s someone like an judge Olu Stevens. Outside of that is irrelevant to me.
    When Jason said that yesterday my jaw dropped like:

The Wire Reaction GIF

Now that would be a real pick right there!

James

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I personally don't like any option but having big posts will defiantly help them to understand our people's mental problems and I believe we should have black only party who can fight for us and work for us. We don't mind what they do for white people but at least put better social justice policy for us.

blkautonomy

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You already know how we protect him.

View attachment 1688
    YES I AGREE 💯. However that is how protective him physically. What im saying is how we as a ppl would get him in front of the cases we need him to rule on and to insure that his judgments are not over turn by the "I’m White And I Say So" Law is a whole other form of protection. Once we put someone like him in power he must be able to hold on to the power we give him at all levels be it state or federal.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    YES I AGREE 💯. However that is how protective him physically. What im saying is how we as a ppl would get him in front of the cases we need him to rule on and to insure that his judgments are not over turn by the "I’m White And I Say So" Law is a whole other form of protection. Once we put someone like him in power he must be able to hold on to the power we give him at all levels be it state or federal.
    If the system knows that Pull Up Summer is on-demand and ever present then they will be less inclined to overturn the rulings of someone like Olu Stevens. The power comes from us not from the courts.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Im still learning about the site…. Im not sure how to do the props tag but 👍🏾👍🏾
    Once you get 25 props from other members, you yourself will get the right to prop and diss. It's a way of making sure trolls can't come in here dissing stuff they don't like. If you come on here posting nonsense and the community ain't giving you props you'll always be on probation.

blkautonomy

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Once you get 25 props from other members, you yourself will get the right to prop and diss. It's a way of making sure trolls can't come in here dissing stuff they don't like. If you come on here posting nonsense and the community ain't giving you props you'll always be on probation.

I really like that!! Hey so my next question is… what if later on down the line i want to hire someone for a job at my business but I only want to hire from MY B1 ppl, will this ever be a space where I can post a job so i can choose frm within my community????

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I really like that!! Hey so my next question is… what if later on down the line i want to hire someone for a job at my business but I only want to hire from MY B1 ppl, will this ever be a space where I can post a job so i can choose frm within my community????

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

You already know the answer to that.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Dope way to use the platform. We need to provide as many resources to our people as possible.