The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

I Didn’t Watch The Oscars

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    CIARA

NSFW Content

You don't have permission to view this content

ART
    ART
    This is what Lizzo is trying to compete with. Except that Ciara has the body to compliment this kind of provocative type of dress whereas Lizzo does not. What fits Ciara is ill-fitting for Lizzo and Lizzo refuses to accept that reality.

I do not like how the maintstream music industry has become. You have talented women like Lizzo who are out here proudly resorting to attention seeking antics and self-degrading gutter behavior to compete with their oversexualized peers. Instead of competing with a Missy Elliott, a Donna Summers, or a Chaka Khan like she would have in the past, Lizzo is now out here competing with Ciara, Cardi B, Megan the Stallion, and all these other female stripper rappers and entertainers of this era.

MR-D-ROB

Sixer First Class
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I haven't watched the Oscars in my entire life.
    To be fair though no Marvel movie has ever won an Oscar for acting.
    The first Black Panther won Best Costume Design, Best Production Design and Best Original Score.

To my knowledge I don't think any Marvel movie has ever won an Oscar for acting. That's because the academy hates Marvel. They don't look at it as real cinema.

They kept true to that. So I don't think it's so much as they snubbed Angela Bassett as they just snubbed Marvel.

I will say the outrage over her natural emotional response is overblown. Just a bunch of racists looking to bash black women!

D

Deleted member 1946

The first Black Panther won Best Costume Design, Best Production Design and Best Original Score.

To my knowledge I don't think any Marvel movie has ever won an Oscar for acting. That's because the academy hates Marvel. They don't look at it as real cinema.

They kept true to that. So I don't think it's so much as they snubbed Angela Bassett as they just snubbed Marvel.

I will say the outrage over her natural emotional response is overblown. Just a bunch of racists looking to bash black women!
    I think they give it to whoever they want to have it.

D

Deleted member 1946

ART
    ART
    "If you can accept Ciara basically walking around naked, than you can also accept Lizzo walking around naked, drag queens stripteasing in front of and around children, and public display of perversion such as full-blown nudity and sexual acts at LGBTQ+ parades."

Notice they never allow for white females (including overweight ones) to be pimped out and used in the same exact way that Ciara, Lizzo, Megan the Stallion, and other Black women are? They are modern-day, high-paid, oversexualized Sarah Baartmans and Black Jezebels that are being exploited and promoted as the faces of the Black community and Black Female Empowerment in order to undermine us, lower our morale and standards, celebrate the wrong things, make a mockery of us, and confuse our internal politics.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Yep, very true. They like true stories, that’s the 2nd time they didn’t give her the Oscar. She should have gotten it for her role as Tina Turner in “What’s Love got to do with it” One of the best acting performances of all time.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The Oscar's have never been entertaining, interesting, or lively. Same with the Grammy's. These type of award shows are just as boring, dull, and unseasoned as CSPAN. Just the way uncultured Eurotrash like it.

Just because something is boring and lifeless doesn’t automatically make it high class. These "prestigious" award shows create an uppity, snobby, elitist, and pretentious controlled environment with an unsettling air of toxicity, narcissism, politics, and fakeness. These shows overrate themselves and pretend to have more importance and substance than they actually do. And then they have their media machines overhype them up. I don't care that these award shows have existed since 1752 or before the fall of Ancient Rome. They are just not relevant enough outside of one's musical resumes and Stan Wars where people are bragging about how their favorite artists sold more records and won more Grammy's than another person's favorite artist / musical group. The Oscar's and Grammy's are basically the "Ivy league" institutions of the musical world and many feel like "a degree" (trophy) from them make them "valid" musicians.

Meanwhile, the VMAs and BET Awards HAD more life, fun, and interesting things to them. No you don't have to be ratchet, violent, tasteless, or classless to have an amazing event or ceremonial process, but you don't have to make an exclusive club of hot air and act like you're Godlike when that hot air is nothing but your own farts gassing you up as you sniff them up your noses. Then you look down your noses at the "lessers", "unworthy" and "undesirables." You can keep those Grammy's, Oscar's, and whatever else and may the ratings continue to decline.

R0sanna20

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    I didn't watch that crap oscars! Will Smith is a damn ass as he destroyed it for Black people and handed it over to the Asians!

ART
    ART
    We don't need to be entertaining the Oscar's anyways. We need focus on building our institutions and infrastructure, making our own awards shows, and celebrating our culture. We don't need their approval, speculation, or fake acceptance.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    There was a time black entertainers and the black audience was more excited about the BET Awards and The Source awards. And whisper it quietly but so did tens of millions of white people.

We regularly forget we are the culture...globally. Our cultural power is a weapon we don't even know we have.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I gotta call out y'all sistas for bigging up his style. I actually like his shows, I love Atlanta. So this is nothing personal against him, but y'all know good and well y'all won't give your number to no man dressed like that even if he looks like a young, Stringer Bell, Idris Alba. That outfit is suspect as f*ck.....lol. At least to the average sista if she sees it at Buckhead mall. First thing y'all thinking and half y'all will question is his sexual orientation.

I'm not saying you don't like the look but you don't like that look on your man or any guy that tries to holla at you. You like it on celebs who you will never meet.

Stop the cap....haha

Redd*Blitz

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Real talk, IDGAF about Hollyweird and their tired honorable, committed whitewashed, forever simping Ninjas, overrated, BS awards yearly yawns ceremony. It's all a fluke! Especially with Black people. I can never understand with most Black actors the dying plea and the forever fascination in wanting very much the validation from such racist 'Nabiscos,' who, by the way, keeps them as delusional as ever to thinking that in obtaining this faux pas of a statue, that many Black actors and such a "monumental triumphant win" will solidify their place in an industry that will forever tolerate them, but never ever... celebrate them! As all the same I feel too about the Grammys, WE as Black people don't need that type of humiliation validation at all spectrums. WE as Black people need to learn, practice, unify, and actually come into greater honoring and loving ourselves...period! YT can never "award" us as Black people for all our measures of real and true worths!

Last edited:

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I don't expect many of us on here TGAF about the Oscar's given why we came to the site. The problem is most of our actors do. The ones who portray us to the world in all manner. It is totally understandable why they do. You become an actor in part to be recognized for your craft and the Oscars is the biggest event to recognize what you do. I get that.

It's like asking a pro athlete not to care about the Hall of Fame. That being said, the main issue is that they care more about that than black empowerment. At the end of the day, the Oscars is white validation. It's further proof that we can't rely on the entertainment industry. They have a deep rooted need to be recognized over their own people. Not all but almost all. It's why some men will put on a dress, play roles they know they are not comfortable with from a black / cultural perspective.

The dream is for the grassroots, all of us, to make it uncomfortable to look for white validation and create our movie and TV studios with themes that uplift us as well as entertain or at the very least don't embarrass us.