The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

I Got Issues With This Narrative

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
First three are obviously iconic. Instills a lot of pride in all of us. As for Michelle Obama, I like her. I know there are mixed feelings about her from some of us but I love the class she brought. As for the last 2? For me, nah. For me at least, I see it as disrespectful having Kamala and Ketanji in it. Tryna pigeon hole them into the same as the first 3 is mad disrespectful. At least to me.

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-15 at 00.11.13.jpeg

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Michelle got love for all of us. Kamala has done Black women specifically a bit dirty in the bay area when she was AG there.

Ketanji blocked a racial discrimination lawsuit for Blacks in the millions when she was a judge. What made this so bad was the company had already signed off on the settlement, all she had to do was okay it but did the unprecedented thing of going against it.

The fact her and Kamala got white zaddies isn't an issue if they are also helping Blacks. By doing anti Black stuff it makes me look at their relationships differently.

Also, I hear what you are saying about misogynoir, all Blacks in America face racism. But if you are doing anti Black stuff I am not as sympathetic.

Just saying.