The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

I want to talk a little bit of business today come on in and share your tips and ideas here for irl or online

ROADGAWD

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
Hey B1 fam I wanted to start this thread as a way to communicate some tips and ideas for us to gain a foothold on offering goods and services and build ourselves financially i.e. I've looked into power washing and thermal imaging for housing developments during winter time. If you have anything to share please do so here for everyone of us to take advantage of whenever possible.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don’t have a lot of time right now but there are some things that are agnostic to all businesses:
    • Be an expert in whatever field you’re looking to enter
    • Understand what a profit and loss statement is
    • Know what your margin
    • Know for certain how much it will take to do it properly
    • Know how much you have to contribute and determine if it’s enough to create a minimal viable product
    • Be decisive
    • Don’t have your emotion guide you, be guided by the profit and loss Goldilocks nailed this.
    • Pivot when the P&L is telling you to
    • Don’t let sunken costs keep you tied to an unviable situation
    • Have a business plan
    • Have a marketing plan
    • Know who your customer is and where they will be so you know to reach them and tell them about your service
    • work with black people first in all aspects of your business
    • dont let bad situations fester because youre too afraid of uncomfortable conversations
    • be friendly but realize no one is your friemd

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I don’t have a lot of time right now but there are some things that are agnostic to all businesses:
    • Be an expert in whatever field you’re looking to enter
    • Understand what a profit and loss statement is
    • Know what your margin
    • Know for certain how much it will take to do it properly
    • Know how much you have to contribute and determine if it’s enough to create a minimal viable product
    • Be decisive
    • Don’t have your emotion guide you, be guided by the profit and loss Goldilocks nailed this.
    • Pivot when the P&L is telling you to
    • Don’t let sunken costs keep you tied to an unviable situation
    • Have a business plan
    • Have a marketing plan
    • Know who your customer is and where they will be so you know to reach them and tell them about your service
    • work with black people first in all aspects of your business
    • dont let bad situations fester because youre too afraid of uncomfortable conversations
    • be friendly but realize no one is your friemd
    This is real helpful Jay, everything is noted for my plans going forward. Thanks brotha

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Tip 1: Always give the best customer service possible even when the customer doesn’t deserve it.

Tip 2: Be consistent. If your website says you open at 8AM every day and close at 6PM, you need to stand by it.

Tip 3: If you can’t keep a certain product in stock and are unable to set customer expectations like “here every Tuesday at 10AM until we sell out” remove the SKU altogether. You see this on our restaurants a lot. You like the BBQ Chicken Link they sell and your mouth is watering but when you get there you hear “nah we don’t got that today”.

Don’t let that be you Black business owner.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Tip 1: Always give the best customer service possible even when the customer doesn’t deserve it.

Tip 2: Be consistent. If your website says you open at 8AM every day and close at 6PM, you need to stand by it.

Tip 3: If you can’t keep a certain product in stock and are unable to set customer expectations like “here every Tuesday at 10AM until we sell out” remove the SKU altogether. You see this on our restaurants a lot. You like the BBQ Chicken Link they sell and your mouth is watering but when you get there you hear “nah we don’t got that today”.

Don’t let that be you Black business owner.
    This is great information I'll keep this in my notes brotha thanks.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    This is great information I'll keep this in my notes brotha thanks.
    Of course. These are tips that have helped me tremendously over the years, especially consistency. People took me seriously when they saw my store open same time every day. You could come at 5:58PM on any day we were open and you could purchase something. You could depend on us.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Here is one simple one. If there is a Black business go shop there no ifs, ands, or buts. We make businesses and our own people don’t go to it and then we wonder why shit be failing. There’s Black people on this damn site right now posting on twitter but won’t even post one thing here but then would complain about us not having infrastructure.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Of course. These are tips that have helped me tremendously over the years, especially consistency. People took me seriously when they saw my store open same time every day. You could come at 5:58PM on any day we were open and you could purchase something. You could depend on us.
    That's right, consistency shows anyone can depend on whatever you do, definitely going to be part of my business motto.

ROADGAWD

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Here is one simple one. If there is a Black business go shop there no ifs, ands, or buts. We make businesses and our own people don’t go to it and then we wonder why shit be failing. There’s Black people on this damn site right now posting on twitter but won’t even post one thing here but then would complain about us not having infrastructure.
    Definitely going to do my part in looking, I agree there should be more networking and I believe some of us will push that necessary needle to network among ourselves.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    Update: just did 1 job Monday, got another one while on site adding another quote for the next day, and made a total of $310 in 3 hours. Already sent the invoices and everything. Thank you B1 family ✊🏿
    How much did you invest to start the business?

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Definitely going to do my part in looking, I agree there should be more networking and I believe some of us will push that necessary needle to network among ourselves.
    Old thread, but kudos to you ... I'm a big proponent in creating our own microeconomy (we say we want a black wall street, but tbt, our ancestors were disciplined, that's how they were able to accomplish so much just out of slavery, we got a ways to go, but we'll get there) ...

webublack.com, obws.com, groceries ... Check the blklst for others that we posted ... If you need help searching for something, I'll help ...

Btw, Home Page , that's another one