The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Ideal companion as far as pets go?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Most people I know are dog people. I like dogs but only certain breeds and I am fussy with them. Like I tend to only like my own. I have a German Shepherd. A friend of mine breeds them so he sold me a pup a few years ago for half price. He is a good dog. I have actually been partial to cats believe it or not. I do have those as well. Three of them. All males. I always liked the big wild cats but you can't own them for obvious reasons or I'd have a tiger. lol

What do you prefer when it comes to pets?

zBucks
Dogs are great, but I found I'm more of a cat person. First thing, they're just so much easier to take care of, clean themselves, dont' require I take them out to use the bathroom and so on. Yeah I gotta deal with a litter box, but that's fine. Dogs are way tougher to train. Had a dog for a week and my mom couldn't handle it so we gave him to a neighbor friend.

But yeah, cats for me, for sure.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I like cats more, they are more of a roommate where a dog is co-dependent ball of hyper activity and joy. You walk in the door and a cat Is like:

Whats Up Sup GIF by Victoria “La Mala” Ortiz
    “What’s for dinner?”

You walk in the door with a dog and it’s like:

crazy lady GIF

RedMoon

Sixer
    zBucks
    You walk in the door with a dog and it’s like:

crazy lady GIF
    So true haha

I've always been more of a dog person. I've never owned cats so I don't have that to compare it to but I love the companionship a dog brings.

I really like fish too. Not so much as a companion but more as a hobby. I always thought the science behind keeping the water balanced was pretty interesting and something I'd like to get into when I have the room for it.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So true haha

I've always been more of a dog person. I've never owned cats so I don't have that to compare it to but I love the companionship a dog brings.

I really like fish too. Not so much as a companion but more as a hobby. I always thought the science behind keeping the water balanced was pretty interesting and something I'd like to get into when I have the room for it.

Sounds like it's time for you to build an aquascape.

Dog. I’ve always wanted a Boston Terrier or something.

We had a cat in the house for a few years, and she was straight up weird. She’d beg for your attention, then after you play with her for 30 seconds, she’s ready to attack you.

Haha sounds like one of my exes. maybe yall wasn't understanding what she was trying to convey...she wasn't trying to play..she was telling yo ass to get up and cook.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Dog. I’ve always wanted a Boston Terrier or something.

We had a cat in the house for a few years, and she was straight up weird. She’d beg for your attention, then after you play with her for 30 seconds, she’s ready to attack you.

She was letting you play with her in hopes you had the Whiskas on deck, once she saw that you didn’t she wanted you to kick rocks.

chicken-beef.png

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I've had cats and dogs. The kind of dog I wanted as a kid wouldn't the dog I would want now. The size, temperament and care of a dog has to fit not just you but your home.

I want a dog that will protect me or at least won't run away like some of these small toy dogs. A dog that is comfortable around water. Not too big though. There is a dog called Chesapeake Bay Retriever I wouldn't mind getting. The water part isn't as important but I intend to live near water hopefully when I retire one day or prior to.

I may just end up with a rescue from a shelter. And not care about the other things I want in a dog.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I like all sorts for different reasons but the older I get, I realize I am a cat person. I like that they are independent but affectionate. They are clean, quiet, and mind their own business most of the time. They are also super smart. Best land hunters in the world too. Dogs are good for protection but they are more to manage. My boyfriend got his daughter a puppy for Christmas. It has been... something lol

D

Deleted member 1946

I've had cats and dogs. The kind of dog I wanted as a kid wouldn't the dog I would want now. The size, temperament and care of a dog has to fit not just you but your home.

I want a dog that will protect me or at least won't run away like some of these small toy dogs. A dog that is comfortable around water. Not too big though. There is a dog called Chesapeake Bay Retriever I wouldn't mind getting. The water part isn't as important but I intend to live near water hopefully when I retire one day or prior to.

I may just end up with a rescue from a shelter. And not care about the other things I want in a dog.
    I feel the same way with most of what you are saying. A dog is supposed to protect you. And not bite the owner when the owner did not deserve it.

D

Deleted member 1946

I like all sorts for different reasons but the older I get, I realize I am a cat person. I like that they are independent but affectionate. They are clean, quiet, and mind their own business most of the time. They are also super smart. Best land hunters in the world too. Dogs are good for protection but they are more to manage. My boyfriend got his daughter a puppy for Christmas. It has been... something lol
    I can't see myself with a cat. I have thought about it over and over again. I dont see it working for me. As long as you are happy, then it is fine.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I can't see myself with a cat. I have thought about it over and over again. I dont see it working for me. As long as you are happy, then it is fine.
    They aren't for everyone but you can't knock em till you spend time with them. Most people that don't like cats just haven't been around them enough.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    They aren't for everyone but you can't knock em till you spend time with them. Most people that don't like cats just haven't been around them enough.
    I tried, but I don't like them jumping on my curtains or counters, so no.
    The only cat I loved was Gino, my orange cat.
    One of the elderly ladies on my bus route lost hers. She was so upset & distraught, I gave her Gino. I saw how happy they both were. She had more time & love to give him than we did.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Bunnies?????? Do they make a good snuggle buddy? I see a lot of dog owners hugging dogs.
    I had 2 as a child. Quiet, loveable, soft & fun. ❤️
    My Father was a cross country trucker & he'd always bring me something back from different states.