The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

If The Squid Game was real, would you partake in it?

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Squid Game has become huge all over the world. It helps when millions tune into the show making it one of the most popular shows of our time. Kids are playing the game in school, games are being made of it, and more. But that's not the point of this topic. I wanted to make this topic about the idea of the game being real. If it were real, would you ever partake in something like this? I know for a fact if I tried out for something like that, I would probably be one of the first eliminated. How do you think you'd fair if the Squid Game was real?

Mastamind

Master Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
Mild spoiler alert, WARNING*****

I've been at low points in my life and I've always managed to figure something out...nah. Plus most of the participants were scumbags by nature so they had no other choice. I know the movie puts South Korea's version of capitalism under the lens, as well as other things (not gonna give too much away) but all of them made the decisions that put them there in the first place. If I ever made things get that bad I'll just face the consequences.

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Mild spoiler alert, WARNING*****

I've been at low points in my life and I've always managed to figure something out...nah. Plus most of the participants were scumbags by nature so they had no other choice. I know the movie puts South Korea's version of capitalism under the lens, as well as other things (not gonna give too much away) but all of them made the decisions that put them there in the first place. If I ever made things get that bad I'll just face the consequences.
True. I couldn't see myself joining the Squid Game. Mainly because I know I wouldn't survive, and plus, I don't think I could go through with a lot that happens in that show. The fact that means I would trust someone, and then be betrayed knowing my luck. Plus, I don't think the money would be worth it.

If you're Black in AmeriKKKa Squid Game is every day you leave your house.

It does feel that way. Anyday we could walk out of our doors and be taken out. Either that, or we're killed by a police officer or something.