The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

If Tory Lanes is Proven Innocent Are We Cancelling Meg the Stallion?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Cancel Tracy Morgan GIF by CBS

CANCEL!!!!

Tati 304

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You think she made the shooting up? I don’t think so. She did lie about sleeping with Tory though so I’m not going to take her side. I don’t think she will need to be cancelled but it needs to be used as an opportunity to teach women to stop lying. A lot of us like to sell our men out any chance we get.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If she is lying, of course. But I don't know if she is or not. The story sounds crazy to me, because I can't picture this dude telling her to dance and then shooting at her feet.

Also, I'm sorry, but this story makes me picture something like this:

R (2).gif

Bahni.Klyde.Reacts

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hey it's Bahni,

Yes absolutely! Fair is fair and what we can’t tolerate are liars! I hope for her sake, everything she said happened, did in fact actually happen. But I also want to point out that most people have been with Tory, so what happens to him if he’s proven guilty? Will y’all still support him?

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hey it's Bahni,

Yes absolutely! Fair is fair and what we can’t tolerate are liars! I hope for her sake, everything she said happened, did in fact actually happen. But I also want to point out that most people have been with Tory, so what happens to him if he’s proven guilty? Will y’all still support him?
    If he’s guilty he needs to be punished according to the law.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Somebody getting cancelled I know that much but it don't look good for Tory rn. Having sex in the middle isn't enough because I think we've all been there at some point. It be a shame because I like Meghan but if she lied like that on a Black man personally I can't deal with it but I'll admit more than my like for her my dealings with black dudes from Canada makes me suspect that she's probably telling the truth.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If he’s guilty he needs to be punished according to the law.
    Right let's wait to get all the facts first before we make our judgements but something happened to her pinky toe.
    She won't get canceled. Not saying she shouldn't be but I'm guessing its not enough for the general black public to cancel her.
    No she should be because Lanez is facing some serious time and that's not cool. It just doesn't make sense to me if she was sleeping with Lanez and the other girl shot him then why go after him? It sounds like a messy ass situation tho.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    If she lied, hell yeah she should be cancelled. To lie about someone shooting you, especially in the way she specified is crazy to me. Everything with this case seems off to me. I can't picture someone doing this, especially the way she said it went down.

What if it turns out she accidentally short herself in the foot. That'd be crazy.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    The media has taken away "innocent until proven guilty" because of the way its propaganda machine works.
    I'll wait until the facts are in but I won't waste any energy "canceling" anyone that really doesn't affect my life....if you haven't noticed these current female rappers are slowly being replaced by an even raunchier group of female rappers as we speak.
    Pinky Toe Justice Matters!
    Della Reese Time GIF

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    'Should be canceled' and 'Will be canceled' may not be the same thing often isn't. Even Kanye isn't completely canceled in the black community. I DGAF about any of them. Black people have known about this case for a minute and pretty much can ascertain what likely happened. The whole time MTS has been big, doing shows, etc.

That's why I think there is a decent chance she won't be canceled to the extent people on this thread think. Unfortunately, largely because of systemic targeting of our communities, the black community has a huge ratchet, messy problem and its normalized.

The big test will be her next album (if it sells or not) and her tours (will she still get the numbers of people coming).

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I need a little more but now I'm very curious. Like I said somebody getting cancelled.
    yeah, court case is
    'Should be canceled' and 'Will be canceled' may not be the same thing often isn't. Even Kanye isn't completely canceled in the black community. I DGAF about any of them. Black people have known about this case for a minute and pretty much can ascertain what likely happened. The whole time MTS has been big, doing shows, etc.

That's why I think there is a decent chance she won't be canceled to the extent people on this thread think. Unfortunately, largely because of systemic targeting of our communities, the black community has a huge ratchet, messy problem and its normalized.

The big test will be her next album (if it sells or not) and her tours (will she still get the numbers of people coming).
    Meg been profiting the most from this whole thing. And she's so corny too using the "who shot ya" beat on her album. Without this, she would have faded away by now. Her albums aren't selling. Yeah, I think this is a Live Nation production.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Well cancelled in our community because it's mostly white audiences that support her music but that type of isolation isn't to her benefit and the loss of her mother makes it worse. Kanye base was basically white people which is why he went through what he went through because a lot of Black people weren't really listening to Kanye unless you were in the industry. Remember when Kanye started talking "Slavery was a choice" he was largely supported by the LGBT and we weren't feeling that he was endorsing Trump. So I put them in the Wendy Williams bracket but losing the Black audience or support has proven to me detrimental long term.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    yeah, court case is

Meg been profiting the most from this whole thing. And she's so corny too using the "who shot ya" beat on her album. Without this, she would have faded away by now. Her albums aren't selling. Yeah, I think this is a Live Nation production.
    I don't know about that but it seems like people have made up their minds one way or the other. These are two celebrities getting into the typical crazy celebrity issues that are highlighted because of social media. I immediately thought about Harlem Nights when I heard of this. Personally I think the underlying theme in this is the "Male vs Female" feud that the Demorats have been trying to stir up even in politics. Her using the beat "who shot ya" only proves to me that they were screwing. She's a nerd at the end of the day and all that persona is for show, and Tory Lanez is also a nerd but correct me if I'm wrong but we can at least confirm that something happened to her foot?

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The thing is she wasn't looking in that direction when she got shot so she may THINK it was Tory but I believe she really doesn't know that's why she's relying on what she felt she heard, but when people get shot you get mad at the shooter. So either someone else shoot her while he was talking or he really shot her but we KNOW she's not faking that. That's probably my biggest issue is that we care more about circumstantial information but we rarely start with the empirical data. Was she shot. Yes. Does she know who shot her. That's unclear as she wasn't even facing the "shooter" at the time and I quote "shooter" because that was some sucka ish. Not attempted murder but definitely assault with a deadly weapon and other related charges but whoever it was...wasn't trying to kill her.

blackice_ATL

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't know about that but it seems like people have made up their minds one way or the other. These are two celebrities getting into the typical crazy celebrity issues that are highlighted because of social media. I immediately thought about Harlem Nights when I heard of this. Personally I think the underlying theme in this is the "Male vs Female" feud that the Demorats have been trying to stir up even in politics. Her using the beat "who shot ya" only proves to me that they were screwing. She's a nerd at the end of the day and all that persona is for show, and Tory Lanez is also a nerd but correct me if I'm wrong but we can at least confirm that something happened to her foot?
    yeah, they're trying to push the male v. female and "believe all women", but that just backfired with Kelsey and Meg gave two different accts. It's all nonsense and we'll probably never know the full truth.

But Meg is not a nerd. lol. I don't think Tory is either. and I bet money that drugs and alcohol were involved in this mess.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    yeah, they're trying to push the male v. female and "believe all women", but that just backfired with Kelsey and Meg gave two different accts. It's all nonsense and we'll probably never know the full truth.

But Meg is not a nerd. lol. I don't think Tory is either. and I bet money that drugs and alcohol were involved in this mess.
    She is umm I've even seen some interviews done way back in the day where she admitted as much. Now she has to sell the persona but they are. No presence and when I say nerd I basically mean "square" like if they weren't making music they wouldn't not be acting like that. I have people in Houston and NOBODY can speak to her presence in that world unlike Keisha Cole who everyone in The Town knew about her reputation. Similar to Tupac who was basically raised in the bay... he was a square who only started hanging out with thugs when Suge got him out of prison because interscope.

I feel you about the testimony and I believe liquor was involved for sure but what we do KNOW is that Meg was shot. I always felt like there was a possibility that the story could be a little off because in those situations everything is so "bang bang" no pun intended, it's hard to know exactly what went on. However it's very likely that she got bits and pieces from other people following the situation so again...accusing Tory Lanez and he didn't shoot her is a bad look because you didn't do any homework (Again, square business) but it's strange that they were so close and she gets shot and Tory don't feel nothing. Again, we can speculate because the other possibility is she shot herself for attention but I don't know that. Kelsey's testimony is bad but they still have to deal with the gunshot.

BG_Christo

Sixer First Class+
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Honestly the entire thing looked like certain people tryna take advantage of a situation for several reasons... Before this Tory was everwhere on social media saying how much he was seeing independent... Meghan was trying to get out of her contract.. I feel like very powerful people are invested in this charade... with a goal of normalizing the media lynching of designated Black men facts be damned... im just confused as to why so many are supporting her this is basically Jussie Smollet 2.5

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Honestly the entire thing looked like certain people tryna take advantage of a situation for several reasons... Before this Tory was everwhere on social media saying how much he was seeing independent... Meghan was trying to get out of her contract.. I feel like very powerful people are invested in this charade... with a goal of normalizing the media lynching of designated Black men facts be damned... im just confused as to why so many are supporting her this is basically Jussie Smollet 2.5
    Jessie Smollet wasn't shot Megan WAS shot so in one situation it's made up and in the other it's FACT that she was shot. We know she didn't SEE who shot her and maybe someone put some bad information in her head...it's possible and if you've ever been shot or been around when shooting takes place everything isn't clear. Now I can't speak to Tory Lanez going independent but why are we ignoring the fact that she was shot. I'm not saying he did do it but why are we so quick to crucify someone who we KNOW was shot. Not everything is a conspiracy and he's not like Prince or Nipsey hussle who did more than go independent...they were challenging the establishment. Artists go independent all the time because Tory Lanez isn't going to hurt their bottomline. Micheal Jackson was in control of OTHER artists records when he owned SONY. Bill Cosby was trying to buy MSNBC, if I'm not mistaken but I'm talking about POWER MOVES. Nipsey wasn't only self made but he was building his community AND putting together a DR.Sebi documentary that would have threatened white dollars and BIG Pharma which is the USA's bread an butter...hence the pandemic and the companies who made vaccines finding their way into the fortune 100s. Now tell me what the hell was NON-FBA canadian Tory Lanez threatening that was on the maginitude. Sure he could have went indpendent but you don't threaten anyone in the music industry unless you control DISTRO. Megan been wanting out of that contract ever since she signed it so to me that's irrelevant.

But what are the "facts" you are speaking of in regards to Tory Lanez? This sounds like some typical celebrity type situation but I don't see where he was threatening anything. Prince had been independent for years but he was pushing a stronger message, a black message and because he was influential he had to be killed. Maybe I'm unaware but can you show me where Tory Lanez was threatening their structure in anyway? It could be that he's been doing similar things but labels been covering it up and since he wanted to go independent they decided to stop overlooking his behavior or it could be that someone attached to Lanez did something and they had people in get in Meghan's ear about who it was because again she was shot and already feeling some type of way and the Bakra/Temehu are known for tactics like that because they employed tactics like that on Maroon Communities. We need to be objective and wait until we get all the facts but why people act like that girl wasn't shot is crazy. Unless she SHOT HERSELF we need to stop picking sides because there's either two victims or one. No in between.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I can’t lie I hate MTS she is always playing the victim in one way or another. But if it turns out that she didn’t get shot by Tory is it time to cancel Tina Snow?

View attachment 5782
    I've always thought this was a setup. I saw Lanez at the radio station maybe a year before the pandemic. Dude was all excited about being freed from his record label, and was really vocal about the shitty deal he had and how he put out quality music that made the label money prior to finishing up his deal. After he finished up his projects, the dude just exploded. I recorded parts of the interview, even took a pic with him. Extremely talented, and humble, lived in the same area of Florida I did. At the time he wasn't making a lot of money (of course he was living in the same area where I was lol). He blew up after he left the record label on Instagram with his dirty booty milk contests (at least that's what I called it lol) and all of his new music as an independent artist. Then there was the love triangle (Lanez, MTG, and best friend who has since disappeared). I feel like dude was set up to take a fall. He's a former felon so I think folks thought he'd cop to the charges but he decided to plead innocent and let time and the lack of evidence work on his behalf. Meg is the one who is going to come out looking terrible because she teamed up with all those white feminists during the #MeToo movement throwing Black men under the bus to save her burgeoning career.

If they had evidence to prosecute, they would've by now I suspect. I also think Lanez is hated because he's an independent artist and a smart little cat. Won't be surprised if something happens to him soon. He's made a lot of enemies because he's talented and a freethinker. Them folks don't like that they can't make money from him as they have in the past.

MarleyK20

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This part. This is exactly the way I see it. He was independent and folks hated that. Dude would drop albums all times of the day and night, had millions of Instagrams followers, his lives were unmatched. The powers had to stop him. They did. Can't let a Black man be great.

SmileyO

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The media has taken away "innocent until proven guilty" because of the way its propaganda machine works.
    I'll wait until the facts are in but I won't waste any energy "canceling" anyone that really doesn't affect my life....if you haven't noticed these current female rappers are slowly being replaced by an even raunchier group of female rappers as we speak.
    Pinky Toe Justice Matters!
    Della Reese Time GIF
    Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    All these hoes in the music industry lie. Even if they squeeze a truth in now and then, it don't take away from the fact that they been lying their whole damn adult lives. It still pisses me off that Cardi B got famous after being a dope slinging stripper who used to drug dudes and have her friends rob them. No one batted an eye when that news came out.

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nah im not canceling either. Its impossible for me to unlike a song but moreover, i don't like how Tory has handled this at all. I'm actually too spent on this story to be detailed but I've stated over the years there was no reason for a gun to be present when you're amongst 2 women. That's a fundamental piece of this story nobody talks about.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Nah im not canceling either. Its impossible for me to unlike a song but moreover, i don't like how Tory has handled this at all. I'm actually too spent on this story to be detailed but I've stated over the years there was no reason for a gun to be present when you're amongst 2 women. That's a fundamental piece of this story nobody talks about.

Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain