the down and in sportstalk group

where we chop it up in regards to sports and hip hop...feel free to leave a vibe !!!!

Stats

Category
Podcasts
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Is Deion Sanders Over Matched In The Power 5

Yadabear

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
There is a lot of talk of how he is out matched in Colorado this season. I don't think so to be honest he has accomplished more than the other coaches have. Whoever thought he was going to be super successful out the gate is foolish. I believe next year he will be better the recruitment of offensive and defensive players will help along with the transfer portal. What do y'all think?

rm dest

Sixer
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Peace.....the ones who THOUGHT COLORADO was gonna be "super successful" are the ones who NOW think it's waaay too much...gotta crawl before you walk right...???
What did we say ??....its gonna get real around WEEK 5.....and guess what it's been real ever since....I'm witchoo COLORADO is gonna gonna be better....

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I think Colorado are having a successful season. I think many people are asking his team to do what is never asked of any other side in a similar situation.
The team was 1-10 in a major conference. It will take minimum 2 years (if you're lucky) to get back to a winning side in a major conference.
He's won 4 times as many games as last season without the time to bring in folks and even so, what 4 or 5 star would reasonably choose a 1-10 side over pretty much any side in that conference or another major D1 school?

What has made Deion's job even harder is that with all the attention they are getting, rival coaches are going extra hard on them. I am guessing for two reasons. One, so they wont' be a TCU and get embarrassed and second, to make Deion look as bad as possible.

The guy is doing fine....considering where he came from. He'll need minimum 2 good recruiting seasons. Already they are spreading rumors to his recruits that he won't be there in 2 years. There are unsubstantiated rumors he's going to Texas A&M. He's being targeted with NCAA rule changes to hurt his recruiting. He won't likely beat Utah but if he can get a win out that game its a great season. 4 wins would be a decent season.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
...also its much easier to turn around Jackson State than Colorado. You don't need the same level of players. Anyway, my 2 cents. I was hoping he'd stay at Jackson State but I wish him all the luck in the world. Overall, its good for 'us' if he's successful.

Yadabear
Yadabear
I agree with everything that you said. I'm on that same type time as you I think he done a great job there like you said a school was 1-10 a year ago they have a ranked win and was actually ranked this season. When was the last time Colorado was ranked? Right so folks need to relax and let coach Prime do his job I think he is already ahead of schedule. 4 wins =successful first season.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Coach Prime has brought in a lot of A1 recruits on the line where its needed the most. They will be very, very good next year. People are saying a 9 win season but that may be a little optimistic as they are going to the Big 12. New conference, possibly stronger than the Pac, weather wise a lot of changes. Playing in much more harsher weather come November or even late October.

7-9 wins depending on the schedule and that will be a success, and a bowl game invite.

So many want to see him fail for all the wrong reasons. White folks, especially the old boys network, jealous black coaches with black crab syndrome.