The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

IS IT OK TO ARGUE WITH THE POLICE?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    On a universal level, yes….socially, no. If you ain’t ready to ride then comply.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    I don't argue with them. If they are doing something that violates my rights I just explain how and comply.
    The one thing I will give push back on is if they want to search my vehicle without just cause. I always decline to give consent. If they become to confrontational I tell them I still decline but won't resist if they are going to do so against my will.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    On a universal level, yes….socially, no. If you ain’t ready to ride then comply.
    We used to have a saying back in the day, "COMPLY & DIE". Even worse today, "THEY SEE YOU & KILL YOU"!

Jay
    Jay
    The more confrontational you become the more you increase your chances of dying so you have to be smart.
    MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    Jau said it pretty much spot on. The more confrontational you are the angrier they get. They aren't mad about you breaking the law or that you did something wrong,
    They are mad that anyone but especially a black person would dare question their authority.
    Best bet is to record if you can do so safely and comply. If they escalate there isn't much you can do about that but you just have to avoid giving them any reason to say the escalation was justified. And we are in a racist country so a jury will look at any bit of argument, resistance or noncompliance justifies your abuse and/or murder.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I agree with Tariq when the police stop me. I'm a POW. They get name, rank and serial number. I have a very neutral, but non emotional look. I don't take the escalation bait.
    If I'm asked a question I know 100 percent I don't have to answer, I don't.
    "So, where do you work?" "Officer, I'd rather not discuss my employment status as its not germane to this stop" Sometimes they try to escalate and lie and say 'I asked you a question and you're not following instructions, that could be arrested for obstruction"
    "We'll have to let my lawyer and the police union lawyer figure that out later officer" I say it with a serious but neutral look.

Shyt like that throws them off. I've been asked if I worked in the legal field because they know they are setting themselves up for a lawsuit. I don't argue, "You were speeding back there, did you know that?" I don't answer. They escalate. "I'm not going to incriminate myself officer, you can either write me a ticket or don't, I'll have my say in traffic court if you say so". I don't argue. He'll keep saying "It's 45 mph zone' whatever, "You have my driver's license, insurance, registration officer" I stay quiet and give them a look. They even threaten how I look. I don't say shyt. They want that. If they had me, they'd have been written the ticket.

I've gotten tickets but I was guilty and it was over for how long it took them to get my DL, registration and write the ticket. Other than that they ware fishing and I'm guilty for driving while black.

If I was talked to disrespectfully I ALWAYS send an email or letter to the Chief of police, the Internal Affairs and the captain of that precinct. ALWAYS. It may not do any good but it goes in their file and when they are up for promotion it will be there. Nothing may come of it, but I don't let disrespect behind a badge go unpunished. Its a b*tch move to talk sh*t because you got a badge when otherwise you wouldn't. And my taxes pay your salary too? F*ck that. I do the same for bad customer service and I've gotten a few people fired over the years. I write the CEO and any other corporate email I can find. I've also gotten upgrades and free flights as well. Once, running late I got to the gate, door is still open. They let this older white lady in after me. I was heated. Got me a free American Airlines flight after a threatened racial discrimination lawsuit. For black folks I just talk to them unless I pick up coon vibes. This sassy African lady tried doing that at Western Union once. Last time she did that.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    I like the way you handle things. I can tell you are a smart person.
    All business and no emotions. That's an adult.
    D

Deleted member 1946

I agree with Tariq when the police stop me. I'm a POW. They get name, rank and serial number. I have a very neutral, but non emotional look. I don't take the escalation bait.
    If I'm asked a question I know 100 percent I don't have to answer, I don't.
    "So, where do you work?" "Officer, I'd rather not discuss my employment status as its not germane to this stop" Sometimes they try to escalate and lie and say 'I asked you a question and you're not following instructions, that could be arrested for obstruction"
    "We'll have to let my lawyer and the police union lawyer figure that out later officer" I say it with a serious but neutral look.

Shyt like that throws them off. I've been asked if I worked in the legal field because they know they are setting themselves up for a lawsuit. I don't argue, "You were speeding back there, did you know that?" I don't answer. They escalate. "I'm not going to incriminate myself officer, you can either write me a ticket or don't, I'll have my say in traffic court if you say so". I don't argue. He'll keep saying "It's 45 mph zone' whatever, "You have my driver's license, insurance, registration officer" I stay quiet and give them a look. They even threaten how I look. I don't say shyt. They want that. If they had me, they'd have been written the ticket.

I've gotten tickets but I was guilty and it was over for how long it took them to get my DL, registration and write the ticket. Other than that they ware fishing and I'm guilty for driving while black.

If I was talked to disrespectfully I ALWAYS send an email or letter to the Chief of police, the Internal Affairs and the captain of that precinct. ALWAYS. It may not do any good but it goes in their file and when they are up for promotion it will be there. Nothing may come of it, but I don't let disrespect behind a badge go unpunished. Its a b*tch move to talk sh*t because you got a badge when otherwise you wouldn't. And my taxes pay your salary too? F*ck that. I do the same for bad customer service and I've gotten a few people fired over the years. I write the CEO and any other corporate email I can find. I've also gotten upgrades and free flights as well. Once, running late I got to the gate, door is still open. They let this older white lady in after me. I was heated. Got me a free American Airlines flight after a threatened racial discrimination lawsuit. For black folks I just talk to them unless I pick up coon vibes. This sassy African lady tried doing that at Western Union once. Last time she did that.
    You gave a professional answer. I think some of the police officers were so sick of being powerless that they became police officers.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Facts. Especially white boys and some white women. Big urban city white cops join for the ability to be able to talk shyt to the same black male warrior class they shyt their pants over otherwise.
    D

Deleted member 1946

We used to have a saying back in the day, "COMPLY & DIE". Even worse today, "THEY SEE YOU & KILL YOU"!
    Our people have tried to comply, and sometimes it does not work. I am glad there are cameras because it does give more exposure to what is going on.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    If a cop wants to f*ck with you or kill you for no reason, he's going to. What happens during that time is how much he tries to get it justified.
    I've requested the watch commander once. My younger brother were stopped for driving while black to a mall in a rich area of town. We knew it was BS, he was driving. I'm the passenger and they got me in handcuffs even though I said nothing. When I saw the cuffs going on my younger brother, I immediately said I want your watch commander. Just knowing that in LA (I was in LA at the time) is a trigger. He said why. I said 'That's my younger brother in handcuffs. I'm doing everything legally possible for that not to happen'. He understood it completely and I said 'So, your watch commander can verify there were 2 black males, with our exact description that are suspects. I want him to confirm that for my lawyer's sake'. He looked at his partner, and said "We can't guarantee you won't be stopped in this area again". And yes, I got the plate number. (He said he didn't have his business card on him...a lie). And yes, I wrote the whole story to the chain of command on down. About 5 or 6 names after I researched it from the Police chief down and I said I was available to give a deposition about what happened at any time.
    D

Deleted member 1946

Is it ever okay to argue with the police while in the streets?
    If Yes: Why and under what circumstances?
    If No: Why not?
    No. Arguing with them is pointless and stupid. Pointless because the police officer has the power in that situation. And arguing with them will not help a person's case in any way. If the cop was willing to let a person go without a ticket, then he or she just gave that option up by arguing with them.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Either Jason Black or Tariq said that you can tell none of the brothers doing the 'Yo, I ain't even do nothin' man, why you stopping me, yadda, yadda' aren't listeners to the Black Channel or something like that.

True. You can tell a brotha who is B1, knows whats what and possibly a listener. Not tryna blame a brotha for going off. I get it. I get heated too. But you have to play the game and know you are a POW to a race soldier. Not too dissimilar than a war.

But I watch videos and I am like 'bruh, don't take the bait' The cops know one thing about black men, especially the warrior class age group, and we don't like to take shyt. And the cops get off watching black men grovel. Beg. They want to see you lose your dignity. I don't give them that. The last thing I want is to go to jail especially in a large city like Atlanta, LA, heck, even in medium size cities like Topeka or Little Rock, but I'm not gonna beg and be on my knees.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    I just don't do anything illegal. I don't smoke weed. That's their #1 go to for arresting you.
    I don't drink and drive.
    I always keep my paperwork on my vehicles in order.
    I don't speed above 20mph. 20mph or more is reckless driving in my state and arrestable offense.
    I pay any traffic tickets right away to avoid warrants.

I make sure that when they pull me over there is nothing arrestable. I keep a camera recording just in case they try to plant anything. Because that does happen.

If they ask me to let my window down I just do it. Technically they can't ask that but if you don't comply that get angry.

Then they escalate to asking you to get out of the car. That they can legally ask you to do and you have to do it.

So I don't argue about getting out of the car or anything like that. I just roll my windows up and lock the car.

Complying doesn't make you weak. It just denies them a justification to do anything to you.
    • Mad Props
    Reactions: RCNAL

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    No. Arguing with them is pointless and stupid. Pointless because the police officer has the power in that situation. And arguing with them will not help a person's case in any way. If the cop was willing to let a person go without a ticket, then he or she just gave that option up by arguing with them.
    I don't argue & I'm not gonna allow them to harm or kill me either. But if it comes to that, it is what it is, but I won't be dying alone!

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Better to be tried by 12 than buried by 6.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I don't argue, period. Being Black in the same vicinity as KKKops means you possible may not make it home, because you may die.
    What I do is respectfully decline their requests with, "No sir", after each question that I refuse to comply with.
    Whether it's put your window completely down, turn off your security camera or step out of the vehicle. So far, so good & I've lived in 3 racists ass states so far. CA, TX & GA.

MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    If they ask you to get out of the vehicle you are required to comply.
    Supreme Court precedent.
    Mimms v Pennsylvania

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    You gave a professional answer. I think some of the police officers were so sick of being powerless that they became police officers.
    They also became police because most are racist & there's little or no consequences for injuring & killing Black people!

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    What solidified that Obama only used us for votes and not only had no intention of doing nothing. He was part of the problem. All presidents give their FBI director private instructions on what they want them to look at. Obama could have easily had this looked into, and it would not have hurt him politically as FBI directives can be within its walls only. They tell Congress what they want Congress to hear. That's been going on since J Edgar Hoover. Obama didn't do anything about this: FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?
    MR-D-ROB
    MR-D-ROB
    RCNAL is spot on about Obama.
    Hate crimes and police violence against us actually increased during the Obama years. They hated Obama and took it out on us.

Obama didn't want to take any risk so he hung it's out to dry. Even during his second term he didn't care about us. He cared more about his legacy.

Am black people were was his mechanism to get in office.