The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Is Twitter Getting Boring?

Banks

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I don't know if I'd say it's getting boring, but it certainly is getting crazy over there since Elon took over. In fact, just recently Elon joined one of those Twitter Spaces, and he pretty much said he was going to ban journalists who say anything relating to his flights, which is just info accessible to anyone anyway.

Seems Elon is going on a massive meltdown right now. He even got rid of the twitter spaces temporarily. He can't take criticism at all it seems, and will take twitter down in the process. He has also banned people for criticizing him.

I hear he has been reinstating some users who he recently banned, but that's probably just to save face.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I don't if it's just me, not for some reason Twitter is getting a bit boring and a low key waste of time. The algorithms are garbage and too many troll comments running across my feed.
I think it's a mix of the algorithm and the people. If your algorithm is tuned to New Black Media watchers all you're going to see is fighting between Black immigrants and Black Americans. Every 3rd or 4th post may be a shooting or something racist going on and every 10th post may be a funny video. To me it's the people.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think it's a mix of the algorithm and the people. If your algorithm is tuned to New Black Media watchers all you're going to see is fighting between Black immigrants and Black Americans. Every 3rd or 4th post may be a shooting or something racist going on and every 10th post may be a funny video. To me it's the people.
    Your new name is the Twitter whisperer that's exactly what my timeline be looking like nowadays.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I only use it as a way to get mainstream news and to see what my people are talking about. I've never been big on social media because I've always felt like it was a waste of time. I remember the days of MocoSpace and Myspace and that was mostly for networking and finding musicians or hooking up with people so after high school I didn't really have a need for it. I was growing on instagram pushing knowledge but after they changed the algorithm in how the feed works I, predictably, my growth was stunted. The shadow banning is real and what they consider to be "good" content is no doubt racist. I feel people still don't realize that hashtags don't even mean anything anymore and as much as we try to "disguise" what we say much of that is incorporated in the algorithm. I would get entire posts blocked for mentioning certain names and key terms together. It's very easy to appease the algorithm but NOT if you want to push a conscious message without tits and ass. However, as long as my people are on social media I use the platforms (although I've pretty much let my IG die because reels are the 'gold standard' when it comes to visibility and using basically whatever song or meme that's popping if it applies to your 'base'.) It also makes it hard to do variety because it locks you in to doing one type of content and will negatively impact how your content is rating if it feels like it's no consistent with what you page is "about". So that's how the ensure the more brain dead content gets the exposure and it pushes the "either it's good or it's bad" logic (dichotomous logic) so inherently these apps are not built for us to have any success without conforming. We are more diunital and thrive in the "in-between" or the seeing things from different angles and we often look at how things relate with one another.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I only use it as a way to get mainstream news and to see what my people are talking about. I've never been big on social media because I've always felt like it was a waste of time. I remember the days of MocoSpace and Myspace and that was mostly for networking and finding musicians or hooking up with people so after high school I didn't really have a need for it. I was growing on instagram pushing knowledge but after they changed the algorithm in how the feed works I, predictably, my growth was stunted. The shadow banning is real and what they consider to be "good" content is no doubt racist. I feel people still don't realize that hashtags don't even mean anything anymore and as much as we try to "disguise" what we say much of that is incorporated in the algorithm. I would get entire posts blocked for mentioning certain names and key terms together. It's very easy to appease the algorithm but NOT if you want to push a conscious message without tits and ass. However, as long as my people are on social media I use the platforms (although I've pretty much let my IG die because reels are the 'gold standard' when it comes to visibility and using basically whatever song or meme that's popping if it applies to your 'base'.) It also makes it hard to do variety because it locks you in to doing one type of content and will negatively impact how your content is rating if it feels like it's no consistent with what you page is "about". So that's how the ensure the more brain dead content gets the exposure and it pushes the "either it's good or it's bad" logic (dichotomous logic) so inherently these apps are not built for us to have any success without conforming. We are more diunital and thrive in the "in-between" or the seeing things from different angles and we often look at how things relate with one another.
    You see us getting attacked on there? Twitter us a cesspool. How can you in good conscious think 6ZEROS is not about Black empowerment?

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You see us getting attacked on there? Twitter us a cesspool. How can you in good conscious think 6ZEROS is not about Black empowerment?
    Yeah, it's ridiculous. It's just mob mentality combined with the plantation mentality of attacking other black people because it's more permissible but to answer your question it just proves that those people AREN'T in good conscious. There's a diversity of opinions in here but they will see eventually. There's no other Black Platform like this and I know because I have joined a lot of them. I also know that this is a phase for most of our people who have a sheep mentality, in the sense that they just want to follow trends.