Gaming

The official community for Sixers who have a passion for all things video games.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Kids On Fortnite Be Wilding!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    So I saw a story floating around about this. I don't activly play the game. I downloaded it to try some of the newer features but I won't be playing until the weekend. Anyways, I asked my lil bro about this and he started laughing and said he saw it happening. I guess kids in Fortnite were recreating the 9/11 attacks in Fortnite the day the lego feature dropped.

0000000.jpg

What the hell usher laugh

Vict-9297

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    I'm skeptical of this 9/11 "humour" being perceived as just harmless fun, this could be influential to future White Terrorists who may want to create levels similar in destruction with the use of bombs for the sake of mistreating and murdering Non-White people. My examples of White Terrorists that use bombs for maintaining White Supremacy are Timothy Mcveigh and Eric Robert Rudolph AKA 'The Olympic Park Bomber'.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    To be fair, most of the people doing this stuff weren't even alive when 9/11 happened or they were only babies so they won't understand everything that happens. I think this stems more from distrust of the government and the power structures in America than making fun of the people that lost their lives that day but I could be wrong. I think that was the last time period America was "together" as a nation but since then, people woke up to the governments BS and the corruption in the systems.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    To be fair, most of the people doing this stuff weren't even alive when 9/11 happened or they were only babies so they won't understand everything that happens. I think this stems more from distrust of the government and the power structures in America than making fun of the people that lost their lives that day but I could be wrong.
    Nah, these are the same people who will do racist stuff in games and laugh. They actually think it's funny and do not care if lives were lost. It takes a while to build certain structures in LEGO Fortnite and they took time to build 2 towers, and filled them with blast powder and dynamite. Certain things are just in bad taste to recreate in games and I think this is one of them.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nah, these are the same people who will do racist stuff in games and laugh. They actually think it's funny and do not care if lives were lost. It takes a while to build certain structures in LEGO Fortnite and they took time to build 2 towers, and filled them with blast powder and dynamite. Certain things are just in bad taste to recreate in games and I think this is one of them.
    So you think these people are 20+ in age? That is bad if so. Like I still remember where I was when 9/11 happened. I remember seeing my teacher in tears and the school being clouded with confusion. We were sent home. If you were under the age of 6, you likely won't even remember this stuff.

This is the reason I thought it was mostly kids doing it. I mean a 22 year old would have been 2 when it happened so I can't expect them to even grasp any of it. Young people these days in general have no remorse.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So you think these people are 20+ in age? That is bad if so. Like I still remember where I was when 9/11 happened. I remember seeing my teacher in tears and the school being clouded with confusion. We were sent home. If you were under the age of 6, you likely won't even remember this stuff.

This is the reason I thought it was mostly kids doing it. I mean a 22 year old would have been 2 when it happened so I can't expect them to even grasp any of it. Young people these days in general have no remorse.
    Doesn't matter the age. Old and young people can be extremely immature in regards to things like this. (See it on Twitch daily. Part of the reason why I lurk in people's streams for days before I follow them.) It is just common sense not to recreate certain things in a game like this. Nearly every post I've seen when this went viral has had a lot of laughter in the comments. People who do stuff like this just don't care and it's not restricted by ethnicity, age, gender or wealth level.

Even if they are kids... They know not to laugh at other things (i.e. gen*cide, hol*caust, etc.). But somehow 9/11 and racism are funny? I wasn't born when other horrible events happened, but I know not to laugh at them.

I feel a shift has happened recently and more people feel emboldened to show they don't care about the deaths/tragedies of others.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Doesn't matter the age. Old and young people can be extremely immature in regards to things like this. (See it on Twitch daily. Part of the reason why I lurk in people's streams for days before I follow them.) It is just common sense not to recreate certain things in a game like this. Nearly every post I've seen when this went viral has had a lot of laughter in the comments. People who do stuff like this just don't care and it's not restricted by ethnicity, age, gender or wealth level.

Even if they are kids... They know not to laugh at other things (i.e. gen*cide, hol*caust, etc.). But somehow 9/11 and racism are funny? I wasn't born when other horrible events happened, but I know not to laugh at them.

I feel a shift has happened recently and more people feel emboldened to show they don't care about the deaths/tragedies of others.
    Some people say it is part of the greater plan. To make people less sensitive to this stuff through programming so when their family, friends, neighbors start getting round up for concentration camps in the future, it won't phase them as much. Makes me wonder honestly. I noticed a shift 10 or so years ago. I best they are using Hitler's propaganda tools and all.

It isn't unheard of to place humor with tragedy though. Comedy as a hole blew up during WW2 because people needed an outlet. People need a place to laugh and not think so much so I understand that aspect of it but there is a time and a place for it.