Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Kids Play Goldeneye on N64

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Who else used to play this back in the day? Brings back memories...

Bruuuuuuuuh you just gave me mad nostalgia and sadness at the same time.

• Excited to see the first FPS that was a smash hit on console
    • Sad that I can no longer sit around in my mama’s house without a bill in mind and play 007 all night.

I remember the first level in the snow, that joint looked like Crysis at its time. Everything about the game was great.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    One shot, one kill what’s the deal? This naturally progressed to Halo one shot, one kill on Hang ‘em High, and then Lock Out on Halo 2 and then not too long after COD started stomping a mud hole in everything.
    I followed that same exact progression except I was huge on Hang 'em High with Shotties and SWAT on Lockout.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    Played the shit out of this game as a kid. Sadly I can't play it these days. The game has not aged that well. Have you guys tried to play it since? If you do, I suggest playing a mod of it, or an emulated version with updated graphics if possible, because damn does it look rough playing it on an actual N64. I played it a while back for a couple hours, and my eyes weren't having it. It's the same story for a lot of games that gen, because the graphics from that gen haven't aged super well.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Played the shit out of this game as a kid. Sadly I can't play it these days. The game has not aged that well. Have you guys tried to play it since? If you do, I suggest playing a mod of it, or an emulated version with updated graphics if possible, because damn does it look rough playing it on an actual N64. I played it a while back for a couple hours, and my eyes weren't having it. It's the same story for a lot of games that gen, because the graphics from that gen haven't aged super well.
    Yo but aint it crazy how back in the days that shit looked like freaking Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 to us. I remember the first time seeing Goldeneye, it was so real. It was also the first time I had a console with an analog stick.

The biggest issue I have with it is how the controls ain't as accurate and tight as modern day shooters. I had the same issue going back to Duke Nukem 3D. I had to stop playing it so that it didn't mess up my nostalgia.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    Yo but aint it crazy how back in the days that shit looked like freaking Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 to us. I remember the first time seeing Goldeneye, it was so real. It was also the first time I had a console with an analog stick.

The biggest issue I have with it is how the controls ain't as accurate and tight as modern day shooters. I had the same issue going back to Duke Nukem 3D. I had to stop playing it so that it didn't mess up my nostalgia.
    I thought games wouldn't get any better looking than that. No joke, played one of the first WWF Smackdown games on the PS1 as a kid, and thought it was the greatest looking thing back then. I probably thought the same for Goldeneye. Now days, graphics look super realistic and I'm like, eh, it's okay looking I guess, lol.

And yeah, the controls are another thing that hasn't aged well with Goldeneye. Which is why I wish they'd make a remake of the game, because it could do with updated controls for sure.

Deluge

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I loved how every random thing in that game exploded if you shot it. Before the plandemic I'd still play a round with some friends every few months. For some reason those old games still look good to me and I like that low budget games today are trying to recreate the N64 and PS1 look.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I loved how every random thing in that game exploded if you shot it. Before the plandemic I'd still play a round with some friends every few months. For some reason those old games still look good to me and I like that low budget games today are trying to recreate the N64 and PS1 look.

Michael Bay was lead consultant.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Michael Bay was lead consultant.
    It ALL started with a game system called the odyssey game system. I was 4 and mastered that. Then came the Atari 2600 and from there the coleco vision. Then I got a commodore 128 computer and the rest is history. 1200px-Magnavox-Odyssey-2-Console-Set.jpg

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It ALL started with a game system called the odyssey game system. I was 4 and mastered that. Then came the Atari 2600 and from there the coleco vision. Then I got a commodore 128 computer and the rest is history. View attachment 177
    Moms made you turn cutters last stand off cuz it was too violent.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I remember hour's upon hour's playing this game, funny to see how advanced gaming has gotten in such a short time.
    Anyone still gaming today?
    I have a few I play when I'm bored or just have some free time.
    Quake Champions
    Little nightmares
    Need for speed.
    I used to play Battlefield and COD, but there's way too many racist you have to listen to, so I just stopped playing.
    I'm a P. C. Player, don't mess with consoles.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I remember hour's upon hour's playing this game, funny to see how advanced gaming has gotten in such a short time.
    Quake Champions
    Little nightmares
    Need for speed.
    I used to play Battlefield and COD, but there's way too many racist you have to listen to, so I just stopped playing.
    I am what they would call a 1 Gen gamer. PC Need for speed there was this car I couldnt get beat in, it was made by some company called Pinaforena I know I spelled that wrong as hell. The computer couldn't see me and it got to the point non of my friends would play me if I used that car. It was a mid engine beast. C.O.D. is a main stay in which I have all installments.

Today? I own a PS4 bought new in 2015, I have no plans to pay these sky high prices for a GD PS5. Nothing wrong with the PS4

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I am what they would call a 1 Gen gamer. PC Need for speed there was this car I couldnt get beat in, it was made by some company called Pinaforena I know I spelled that wrong as hell. The computer couldn't see me and it got to the point non of my friends would play me if I used that car. It was a mid engine beast. C.O.D. is a main stay in which I have all installments.

Today? I own a PS4 bought new in 2015, I have no plans to pay these sky high prices for a GD PS5. Nothing wrong with the PS4
    That was a classic Need for Speed, I loved that game. Then 2 came out and was slightly different because all the tracks were in nature heavy environments, 3 was my favorite. The graphics were amazing for the time, it had awesome tracks, and the police chases were so fun. They’d spike strip you and try to make you crash. I still remember the track aquatica, that was my favorite.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That was a classic Need for Speed, I loved that game. Then 2 came out and was slightly different because all the tracks were in nature heavy environments, 3 was my favorite. The graphics were amazing for the time, it had awesome tracks, and the police chases were so fun. They’d spike strip you and try to make you crash. I still remember the track aquatica, that was my favorite.
    Jackpot!!! The graphics were state of the art at the time and that need for speed hot persuit was outstanding. Now I have bought the PS4 newest C.O.D. but cant download it til November 3 or 4 something like that. Waiting isn't a problem because I am still playing online C.O.D. WWII and handing ppl their ass with a sped up MG42 and the American and German bazookas. I have mastered laying in wait then dumping on ops then running to my next spot to lay in wait.
    MF's had the nerve to DM me that "You are NOT playing fair"...Huh? Are you phucking kidding me? I DM back..."Get better" with a LOL.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Quake Champions
    Little nightmares
    Need for speed.
    Which Need for Speed are your playing? I stopped playing after High Stakes, right before the Fast and Furious era.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Jackpot!!! The graphics were state of the art at the time and that need for speed hot persuit was outstanding. Now I have bought the PS4 newest C.O.D. but cant download it til November 3 or 4 something like that. Waiting isn't a problem because I am still playing online C.O.D. WWII and handing ppl their ass with a sped up MG42 and the American and German bazookas. I have mastered laying in wait then dumping on ops then running to my next spot to lay in wait.
    MF's had the nerve to DM me that "You are NOT playing fair"...Huh? Are you phucking kidding me? I DM back..."Get better" with a LOL.
    You have great taste, I’ll take you back now.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Out Phucking Standing!!! Thank you..THAT right there was a sure blast from the past.
    Yes! There are parts of this course that I remember like it was yesterday. I remember my PC at the time couldn't handle it, we had to upgrade our GPU.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes! There are parts of this course that I remember like it was yesterday. I remember my PC at the time couldn't handle it, we had to upgrade our GPU.
    I had to do the same thing and at that time Ram cost was some what high, but if you wanted the game to play smooth that is what had to be done to our old HP PC..

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yup LOL Cow pattern boxes were crazy looking but you knew there was something great inside. Remember Packard Bell PC's? That one got us on the new in late '96.
    I wanted one so badly, we couldn’t afford it though.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I still have my Nintendo 64 packed somewhere in my closet and I really enjoyed playing Goldeneye back then on the console. If I still happen to get out in system, and find the game, I'm very sure that it's still going to be playable.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I still have my Nintendo 64 packed somewhere in my closet and I really enjoyed playing Goldeneye back then on the console. If I still happen to get out in system, and find the game, I'm very sure that it's still going to be playable.
    Ditto