The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Kinky Hairstyles

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I was looking up natural hairstyles to show my daughter and stumbled across an ad for mens dreadlock extensions. I didnt know it was this serious. That guys are going to beauty shops and buying hair to put in his head. I guess its easy for me to say but if I didn't have the hair to have the style I wanted I wouldn't care that much about it. I just think its far out but im not really surprised.

Men's Dreadlocks 100% Human Hair Handmade Loc Extensions 27#(0.8cm Thickness)

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was looking up natural hairstyles to show my daughter and stumbled across an ad for mens dreadlock extensions. I didnt know it was this serious. That guys are going to beauty shops and buying hair to put in his head. I guess its easy for me to say but if I didn't have the hair to have the style I wanted I wouldn't care that much about it. I just think its far out but im not really surprised.

Men's Dreadlocks 100% Human Hair Handmade Loc Extensions 27#(0.8cm Thickness)
    Everyone takes to hair loss differently. I’ve just come to accept it. I had some very nice 360 waves but my hair started to thin in areas and could no longer keep the wave pattern. I took propecia but after learning that the second I stopped taking it my hair would start thinning again I got off of it. My hair line is gone. Will I get a hair unit? No. But I understand why dudes do it. I just wouldn’t wanna live life knowing I can’t just hop in a pool whenever I want.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Worth noting that I remember seeing a video on Youtube sometime last year. This man said that eating more carrots helped his hair grow back. He was a black man in his 40s I believe. I tried to find the video but it wasn't popping up. Maybe it was deleted, not sure. I know he was filming himself in his car though. He said something else as well, might have been taking a D3 supplement.

Something we all need to remember is that hair loss is not "natural" no matter what people say. It is meant to protect us from the sun. If we are not in the sun enough, maybe this is signaling our body to focus on other things and not providing the nutrients to the follicles. Just a thought.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Worth noting that I remember seeing a video on Youtube sometime last year. This man said that eating more carrots helped his hair grow back. He was a black man in his 40s I believe. I tried to find the video but it wasn't popping up. Maybe it was deleted, not sure. I know he was filming himself in his car though. He said something else as well, might have been taking a D3 supplement.

Something we all need to remember is that hair loss is not "natural" no matter what people say. It is meant to protect us from the sun. If we are not in the sun enough, maybe this is signaling our body to focus on other things and not providing the nutrients to the follicles. Just a thought.
    I don't know if this is true because people lose hair at different rates. It's not like gaining weight where it there is clearly something you're doing incorrectly.

I know some people who their whole family bands in their 30's. On my mom's side of the family, all the men start losing hair at the same places around the age of 30. No one has been able to stop that from happening. I'm following the same path and I find hard to believe that it's because for generations we have just eaten incorrectly.

There is something called DHT that starts to destroy the hair follicles and maybe you can inhibit them with natural supplements but DHT is a natural hormone so it may be that some people have more DHT than others which causes their hair to go away quicker.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Everyone takes to hair loss differently. I’ve just come to accept it. I had some very nice 360 waves but my hair started to thin in areas and could no longer keep the wave pattern. I took propecia but after learning that the second I stopped taking it my hair would start thinning again I got off of it. My hair line is gone. Will I get a hair unit? No. But I understand why dudes do it. I just wouldn’t wanna live life knowing I can’t just hop in a pool whenever I want.
    I feel that. Years ago my hair was coming out in patches. My barber told me it was alopecia. I figured it was extreme stress. I called the patches "stress balls". I had an afro at the time. lol. Eventually I was able to start growing my hair back though. Baldness isnt herditary in my family.We just got big foreheads.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I feel that. Years ago my hair was coming out in patches. My barber told me it was alopecia. I figured it was extreme stress. I called the patches "stress balls". I had an afro at the time. lol. Eventually I was able to start growing my hair back though. Baldness isnt herditary in my family.We just got big foreheads.
    I'm glad you were able to reverse it. My hair thinning was one of those things that really made it clear to me that I dont have forever.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

I think we are so detached from nature and using natural solutions for ailments and taking the correct herbs to maintain optimum health. After my barber told me what he thought it was making my hair come out, i looked it up. When i seen stress related i knew thats what it was.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I'm glad you were able to reverse it. My hair thinning was one of those things that really made it clear to me that I dont have forever.
    Stress was getting to me. I didnt know it then. Now my hair aint as thick as it was in my teens and twenties but its still full looking. I got the thin side burns. My girls got that too but there hair is snicker thick.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    There is something called DHT that starts to destroy the hair follicles and maybe you can inhibit them with natural supplements but DHT is a natural hormone so it may be that some people have more DHT than others which causes their hair to go away quicker.
    Was going to mention this.

I remember reading about it a while back some doctor said that DHT levels are higher in some people due to genetics and diet. I think it would help if we knew what our bodies needed and what diet was best for us as individuals but for many black people, our linage was destroyed and we won't ever know these things.