The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

LeBron Being Blamed For Decline Of The NBA (ratings)

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I've been seeing a white boy narrative that LeBron's wokeness has made them turn off from the NBA. But the truth is that's a lie when you look at the ratings. NBA Finals television ratings - Wikipedia NBA finals ratings have been dropping for years.
White supremacy is a mofo. Ever since he helped lead a possible strike and took a knee, white boys have been after him and using basketball as a trojan horse. I read comments section and they lie that they stopped watching the NBA when they started taking a knee.
99% of us don't see it and critique LeBron based purely on basketball. The other tactic is to make straw man arguments about him never being considered the GOAT. I've seen memes with LeBron vs Kobe or LeBron vs Jordan stats and they are over the top with the bashing. I've said before I don't personally think he's the GOAT but it doesn't mean I will bash him either. He's in the conversation and that is fantastic. What I love the most about LeBron is him being a role model father and husband. Let's keep it a buck. Both MJ and Kobe had a side chick. But they were great fathers to their kids. LeBron has been exemplary and he has made fantastic financial moves. My guess is the last thing white boys want is for LeBron's personal life and financial strategy to be the norm for Black players coming into the NBA. Imagine most of the players marrying and being faithful and great fathers and look to build generational wealth? It's a game changer that will trickle down. Most of the players came up from the hood so to have them adopt that mindset early is dangerous to white supremacy.
Again, I think LeBron can be far more of a B1 person than he is now, but he's not anti Black either. He's fairly decent brother. And leading a possible strike (which took Obama to talk them out of) and taking the knee is a huge step in the right direction.

The MLBs ratings have sunk over the last 20 years. The number of black American players have sunk to an all time post civil rights low. How do they explain that? Young people just aren't watching sports as prior generations have. That's just the simple fact. There are far more distractions and the game has been effed with that its no longer good viewing. That's the real reason.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-04 at 08.51.55.jpeg

D

Deleted member 191

White people are mad that unlike Michael and Kobe (before his retirement), who were JUST ATHLETES. Period. Nothing else. Husband and Father were secondary during their playing days. LeBron has NEVER been JUST an NBA player. If he was JUST an athlete, that means the game and more importantly, THE FANS have value to him. While the game certainly has meaning, as he's devoted to honing his craft even at his age, he always made it clear he was a family man first. He said it loud and proud that if Bronny's first game and the Lakers were on the same day, he would NOT be suiting up for the Lakers that game. Kobe and Mike would NEVER. Bron always treated the NBA as a vehicle for his other post-career, long-term passions (TV and Film). White people hate that because it means they have no value to him. He's doing his job while white people pay him for his services and then he's taking that money and multiplying it BY HIMSELF without their support or input.

They hate any semblance of an "independent negro" type.

D

Deleted member 1946

I've been seeing a white boy narrative that LeBron's wokeness has made them turn off from the NBA. But the truth is that's a lie when you look at the ratings. NBA Finals television ratings - Wikipedia NBA finals ratings have been dropping for years.
White supremacy is a mofo. Ever since he helped lead a possible strike and took a knee, white boys have been after him and using basketball as a trojan horse. I read comments section and they lie that they stopped watching the NBA when they started taking a knee.
99% of us don't see it and critique LeBron based purely on basketball. The other tactic is to make straw man arguments about him never being considered the GOAT. I've seen memes with LeBron vs Kobe or LeBron vs Jordan stats and they are over the top with the bashing. I've said before I don't personally think he's the GOAT but it doesn't mean I will bash him either. He's in the conversation and that is fantastic. What I love the most about LeBron is him being a role model father and husband. Let's keep it a buck. Both MJ and Kobe had a side chick. But they were great fathers to their kids. LeBron has been exemplary and he has made fantastic financial moves. My guess is the last thing white boys want is for LeBron's personal life and financial strategy to be the norm for Black players coming into the NBA. Imagine most of the players marrying and being faithful and great fathers and look to build generational wealth? It's a game changer that will trickle down. Most of the players came up from the hood so to have them adopt that mindset early is dangerous to white supremacy.
Again, I think LeBron can be far more of a B1 person than he is now, but he's not anti Black either. He's fairly decent brother. And leading a possible strike (which took Obama to talk them out of) and taking the knee is a huge step in the right direction.

The MLBs ratings have sunk over the last 20 years. The number of black American players have sunk to an all time post civil rights low. How do they explain that? Young people just aren't watching sports as prior generations have. That's just the simple fact. There are far more distractions and the game has been effed with that its no longer good viewing. That's the real reason.

View attachment 8849
Great points. I think another reason people are turning the TV off from sports is the obvious rigged games. It is so clear who the system wants to win the championship in football and basketball. And it is clear when the other team is intentionally throwing the game to let the other team win.

D

Deleted member 1946

White people are mad that unlike Michael and Kobe (before his retirement), who were JUST ATHLETES. Period. Nothing else. Husband and Father were secondary during their playing days. LeBron has NEVER been JUST an NBA player. If he was JUST an athlete, that means the game and more importantly, THE FANS have value to him. While the game certainly has meaning, as he's devoted to honing his craft even at his age, he always made it clear he was a family man first. He said it loud and proud that if Bronny's first game and the Lakers were on the same day, he would NOT be suiting up for the Lakers that game. Kobe and Mike would NEVER. Bron always treated the NBA as a vehicle for his other post-career, long-term passions (TV and Film). White people hate that because it means they have no value to him. He's doing his job while white people pay him for his services and then he's taking that money and multiplying it BY HIMSELF without their support or input.

They hate any semblance of an "independent negro" type.
I would say that I believe they let Lebron do some of the stuff he does because they would have been kicked him out of the league if they really wanted to. There are others who have been blackballed from the league. How come he has not been? If he was truly a threat like Colin Kaepernick was.

D

Deleted member 191

I would say that I believe they let Lebron do some of the stuff he does because they would have been kicked him out of the league if they really wanted to. There are others who have been blackballed from the league. How come he has not been? If he was truly a threat like Colin Kaepernick was.
I don't agree with the he's not a threat narrative nor the comparison to Kaepernick. That's a bit of a stretch for me. I also think you over estimate the power of the NBA "kicking him out if they really wanted to" without them manufacturing some shit that he would then have to be dumb enough to fall for. The NBA doesn't have enough (anything at all really) to "pin" on LeBron, first of all. Second of all, he's not out here embarrassing himself, his wife or his family in general, the way so many of his past and present contemporaries have done and are doing that would even put him in that type of position. He's a stand up, decent dude by all accounts.. If there was anything or any moments to lord something over him, then one example that I can recall is his first stint in Cleveland, when the story about his Mom and Delonte West came out. His people came and handled that shit with such a quickness, it was barely a story here and I'm hard-pressed to remember if it even made it beyond our local media for real. Another time Bronny got caught smokin' weed on social media. The shit was a story for like 5 mins and then we never heard anything else.

So as I mentioned before, unless the NBA manufactures some bullshit, and Bron falls for the trick, they can't do anything. The NBA, NEEDS him. He's the face of the league. The NFL didn't NEED Kaepernick. Had nothing to do with him being a "threat". They kicked him out because he WASN'T the face of the NFL and he was drawing the kind of attention they didn't want. So they got rid of him. But that doesn't make him a threat. If anything, it proved he was expendable. The NBA, on the other hand, is most certainly going to have a cash flow, attendance and popularity problem without LeBron James.

Now perhaps my definition of a threat might be different from yours. I define a threat as someone with leverage AND a platform. Colin had a platform (the NFL) but he didn't have any leverage. He was a solid starting QB, not a superstar, that led his team to a Superbowl (didn't win it) and then shortly after, his team went into the gutter. Following his playing time, he went on to do activist work which is wonderful but then he turns around after a few years begging the NFL for a job again. He wouldn't have had to beg the NFL for shit if he was a real threat. He wouldn't have gotten kicked out in the first place since his leverage would have saved him from that.

LeBron on the other hand, has built leverage for himself. in addition to his platform (the NBA). This dude has won championships for 2.5 franchises(the half is for the 2020 title with the Lakers as I'm on the fence about that bubble shit). Led a miraculous 2016 title run after being down 3-1 when NO TEAM in NBA HISTORY had EVER done that before. Captured the scoring title. Continues to play at a high level 20yrs later. Built a school in his hometown, got told to just "Shut up and Dribble" by Laura Ingraham and that dude took his PLATFORM and LEVERAGED it into a 3 part documentary about black athletes! He's produced a game show, movies, documentaries, an unscripted series, built businesses with the squad he grew up with. This dude called the media out for asking him all types of questions about Kyrie and his tweet regarding Hebrews to Negroes, but didn't ask him shit about the Jerry Jones photo and then walked out on them MFs like a boss. This dude had the NBA BY THE BALLS. SHUT IT THE FUCK DOWN. They had to call Obama to get them to back off.!

All those reasons would have a lesser player most CERTAINLY kicked out for, but because LeBron didn't get kicked out that means he's not a real threat? I mean...I guess I can see that angle, I just don't think that's the case. I think he's making them enough money they don't want to fuck up their bag and I also think he's enough of a threat they don't want to face any backlash from doing ANYTHING to this dude.

D

Deleted member 1946

It isn't down to him. The people at the top of the NBA as well as other sports, movies, tv shows, ect. are to blame because they are making decisions fans don't want.
Probably because the people with the power don't care about the majority opinion. They know there is no other big football/basketball leagues that take the most talented players in the USA that pay big money.

Revolution_2

Master Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    I learned that the NFL and NBA are not as fair as they should be. They are businesses. I wish we had our own alternative on a big scale, but we don't.
    I don't even miss it. I played and coached it. Haven't been to a game or watched a game in years. I have guys close to my family in the NBA and NFL. They are starters for their teams and at least 1 was an All Star and an NBA champion but when they come to play here in Charlotte, I still don't have the interest to attend. I can't get past the racism.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Probably because the people with the power don't care about the majority opinion. They know there is no other big football/basketball leagues that take the most talented players in the USA that pay big money.
    People that run these sports care about their bets and investments. To them, these players are assets, not people. The sad part is that people don't even realize it or they do and don't care cause they are getting paid enough not to.