Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Legendary Actor Andre Braugher Has Passed Away

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA

Andre Braugher has died. The two-time Emmy-winning star of series including Homicide: Life on the Street, Men of a Certain Age and Brooklyn Nine-Nine was 61. Braugher, whose first film role came alongside Matthew Broderick and Denzel Washington in the Ed Zwick-directed Glory, died on Monday after a brief illness.

While Braugher peppered his resume with comedies, many will remember him for his ferocious portrayal as Detective Frank Pembleton in the NBC drama Homicide: Life on the Street. Put him in the box, sweating out and outsmarting crime suspects in the interrogation room, and you were looking at a weekly dose of tour de force acting, as good as it got on television during that period of time. He won an Emmy for that show he starred in from 1992-98 and Homicide is also where he met his wife, actress Ami Brabson. Along with her, Braugher leaves behind sons Michael, Isaiah and John Wesley, as well as his brother Charles Jennings and his mother Sally Braugher. He won the Emmy in 1998, as well as two Television Critics Association Awards in 1997 and 1998

May he rest in peace.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I wonder if my dad knows about this. This is one of his favorite actors. He didn't mentioned it to me.

So does anyone know what happened? 61 is still young in my book in terms of dying.
I wonder what happened, too. 61 is young, and Mr. Braugher seemed to be healthy. The lesson is that we never know when our time is up, so it's important to live each day as if it's our last.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wonder what happened, too. 61 is young, and Mr. Braugher seemed to be healthy. The lesson is that we never know when our time is up, so it's important to live each day as if it's our last.
    No word on it then I take it. I have my suspicions. Like all these otherwise healthy men and women dropping dead makes me wonder what they been doing the last 5 years with our food, water, and medical care.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No word on it then I take it. I have my suspicions. Like all these otherwise healthy men and women dropping dead makes me wonder what they been doing the last 5 years with our food, water, and medical care.
    No, he just died yesterday so they won't announce a cause of death for a few days unless Mr. Braugher's family want to keep it private.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I saw something that said "brief illness".

View attachment 8774
    That seems... Odd. A brief illness can mean anything. They are being vague for a reason. Maybe the family don't want the public knowing or maybe they are trying to cover something up. The man was healthy. Even my dad said that. He never had any severe health issues in his life.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    They are being vague for a reason. Maybe the family don't want the public knowing or maybe they are trying to cover something up.
    Amber Riley Tea GIF

Definitely vague. If you don't want folks to know just say, it's a private matter please respect our family, etc. I mean it is weird that celebrities and their families feel like they have to tell us things, but the vagueness takes it up a notch.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Amber Riley Tea GIF

Definitely vague. If you don't want folks to know just say, it's a private matter please respect our family, etc. I mean it is weird that celebrities and their families feel like they have to tell us things, but the vagueness takes it up a notch.

sf1.png

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nah, no tin foil anything. Either way is weird. Telling the public is weird, being vague is weird too. I'd rather they keep it to themselves.
    That wasn't a shot at you, but even regular folk don't keep anything to themselves these days. In this social media era, everybody feels the need to share everything about themselves and know everything about everybody else. If the family didn't release the cause of death, people online would've had Mr. Braugher dying from AIDS, COVID, Monkeypox, or everybody's new favorite, "the jab".
    Unfortunately, rumors won't let people rest in peace anymore.

JerriBun
    JerriBun
    "That wasn't a shot at you,"
    I know.

You know quite a few rumors have been proven true in the last few years. However, I do think we know way too much about everyone... celebrity or not.