The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Listen When They Tell You Who They Are...

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't frequent X/Twitter much anymore. My little bro brought this to my attention yesterday and I just checked and this is still trending, even now....

00009.png

This is why I am so thankful for spaces like this. Online spaces that support black people and uplift black people. X, Facebook, TikTok, etc. are not places blacks, especially black Americas should be spending their time. It is good to use them as outreach tools but these platforms are FILLED with people that hate each and every one of us. We need more of our people to wake the hell up.

Was this trending for anyone else? I know a lot of people were asking what it was and "who he was" which made it trend even more but you can see the top ones are all racists spreading racism. They are telling you who they are.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I saw it too. I just mark it as harmful and keep moving. Time is too precious and valuable to expend energy on things like this. I think if Black people weren't reacting to it and acting "oh so shocked" by them using a phrase like that, it would have never trended. Those people say a lot of these phrases all the time, and they don't trend like this. The world is filled with people like this. Do we stop going outside?

Take whatever measures you can to guard your Spirit, your peace and your people. Direct time and energy to the betterment of yourself, family, friends, communities. Eventually, stuff like that turns into white noise at the end of the day.

A fire only grows bigger if you keep feeding it. 🤷🏽

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I saw it too. I just mark it as harmful and keep moving. Time is too precious and valuable to expend energy on things like this. I think if Black people weren't reacting to it and acting "oh so shocked" by them using a phrase like that, it would have never trended. Those people say a lot of these phrases all the time, and they don't trend like this. The world is filled with people like this. Do we stop going outside?

Take whatever measures you can to guard your Spirit, your peace and your people. Direct time and energy to the betterment of yourself, family, friends, communities. Eventually, stuff like that turns into white noise at the end of the day.

A fire only grows bigger if you keep feeding it. 🤷🏽
    This is the best approach I have read on it. Like we should not be shocked but we also shouldn't be feeding this crap anyways cause we need to get ish done in the real world and let the people that live on these platforms handle theirs.