Self-Sufficiency and Preppers

Are you ready for the day the system falls? Our group is here to help each other prep for a disaster scenario.

Stats

Category
Lifestyle
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Might Be Worth Learning Some Amish Trades!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    When I was little and in school, I remember going to this Amish village on a field trip. We learned how to make candles, we saw how glass was blown, a bit on making clothing and storing food in jars.. It was interesting. I realized in the last few years that these are probably the only people in the US that would be safe from a collapse. Why? They know how to live without the internet and power, they know how to make, keep, and store food as well as prep for winter/off season... And they have numbers and guns. I think this is something that is overlooked a lot in prepping. You can store a lot of food, ammo, guns, etc. but if you don't know how to keep things going or have the numbers to keep you safe, it is going to be bad news bears!

Was just randomly thinking about this last night and wanted to share. Anyone looking into this sort of stuff? Maybe prepping with a community?

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    When I was little and in school, I remember going to this Amish village on a field trip. We learned how to make candles, we saw how glass was blown, a bit on making clothing and storing food in jars.. It was interesting. I realized in the last few years that these are probably the only people in the US that would be safe from a collapse. Why? They know how to live without the internet and power, they know how to make, keep, and store food as well as prep for winter/off season... And they have numbers and guns. I think this is something that is overlooked a lot in prepping. You can store a lot of food, ammo, guns, etc. but if you don't know how to keep things going or have the numbers to keep you safe, it is going to be bad news bears!

Was just randomly thinking about this last night and wanted to share. Anyone looking into this sort of stuff? Maybe prepping with a community?
    I never really thought about it, but you're absolutely right. The Amish also know to raise and tend to livestock. They also barter and work together to raise (and raze) buildings.
    We should definitely learn some skills from them.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I never really thought about it, but you're absolutely right. The Amish also know to raise and tend to livestock. They also barter and work together to raise (and raze) buildings.
    We should definitely learn some skills from them.
    Just think about how much power and control we would have over our futures and our safety if we had pockets of black country-side villages where everyone worked together and all learned survival and trade skills. A lot of people attempt to live off the grid but it is too hard without numbers. You need a good chunk of people to rotate the work and stuff.