zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
552E1076-902D-404A-A1FF-04EBCCB9A168.jpeg

“In 1860, two years after the death of King Gezo, his son, King Badahung, the new King of Dahomey decided that in honour of his father’s memory, a “grand custom” must be made. A “grand custom” was the ceremonial sacrifice of hundreds of slaves. A pit was dug in order to collect enough blood to float a canoe. Some 2,000 persons were to be sacrificed, they were to be beheaded and thrown into the pit to bleed out.” 800 Slaves Sacrificed in Tribute on the Death of GEZO the Great Slave King of Dahomey 1858 · Bahamianology

Last edited by a moderator:

Keke Petty

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
As barbaric as this may sound some African cultures in the past allowed certain number of people to be buried along side the king for easier passage to the afterlife or whatever they believed in.
The pharaohs of egypt was known to do tht. I’m seeing a lot more ppl post info of this tribe and I’m sure we’ll discover more gruesome histories.

tmckinney

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
The pharaohs of egypt was known to do tht. I’m seeing a lot more ppl post info of this tribe and I’m sure we’ll discover more gruesome histories.
I'm totally shocked by this. But we need more info on this tribe. Just gruesome and horrible. The horrors, and if you look at Africa now, they want you to feel sorry for them. This is their tradition to be that way. I'm used to feel a certain way about The Motherland, but damn, the history makes me feel totally different.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm totally shocked by this. But we need more info on this tribe. Just gruesome and horrible. The horrors, and if you look at Africa now, they want you to feel sorry for them. This is their tradition to be that way. I'm used to feel a certain way about The Motherland, but damn, the history makes me feel totally different.
    I think the important thing to remember is that you can fit the entire USA into just part of Africa. This is one nation in one region of the continent. It shouldn't make you feel any different about West Africa let alone the entire continent. Not all of our nations were slave traders. There was indentured servitude but not chattel slavery.

Roparker71

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I think the important thing to remember is that you can fit the entire USA into just part of Africa. This is one nation in one region of the continent. It shouldn't make you feel any different about West Africa let alone the entire continent. Not all of our nations were slave traders. There was indentured servitude but not chattel slavery.
    Exactly, brother...

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Exactly, brother...

At the end of the day we need a healthy Africa.

Linda Jones

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    At the end of the day we need a healthy Africa.

Thank you for posting this Jay.

Linda Jones

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    View attachment 3986

“In 1860, two years after the death of King Gezo, his son, King Badahung, the new King of Dahomey decided that in honour of his father’s memory, a “grand custom” must be made. A “grand custom” was the ceremonial sacrifice of hundreds of slaves. A pit was dug in order to collect enough blood to float a canoe. Some 2,000 persons were to be sacrificed, they were to be beheaded and thrown into the pit to bleed out.” 800 Slaves Sacrificed in Tribute on the Death of GEZO the Great Slave King of Dahomey 1858 · Bahamianology
    Great info! Thank you for posting this.