The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Most Clothes In The US Is Imported... Who Makes Stuff Best?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Pretty much all clothing in the US is imported. Mainly from China but we also have imported goods from India, Vietnam, Mexico, Bangladesh, etc.

It is a shame people ain't making clothing in America anymore and most of our products are coming from China.

I find overall the best quality work seems to come from Vietnam. I have a few sweatshirts that have held up for years and still look and feel new. The fabric and sewing job they do there seems to be a level above China.

I also have a few items from India that are good, especially compared to China. It seems like the quality coming out there is falling off big time and I am noticing this at stores like Old Navy. Used to get my socks from them but I swear the same socks I am always getting are thinner and tighter, and they feel like they won't last but a few wears. The other ones I got previous just feel some much better. Same make, brand, etc. both made in China. Something is up.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I always say to myself, why don't I see many things made in Africa ... Surely, there are factories there ...

smh ..
    They all got shut down from climate policies. So basically everyone voted in favor of this and by everyone I mean the politicians cause they get kick backs from places like China. So yeah, our air is cleaner than China's but we don't produce a whole lot of anything anymore. They made it difficult to get a factory up and running that makes all sorts of items.