Senior Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Is it just me or is he not rapping about anything on each track? I want to hear a story or something cohesive but it’s like each track is Nas putting together a bunch of lines that do not relate to one another.

Don’t get me wrong, the shit sounds tight but it makes each song feel empty. The only thing that’s on subject with the title is the hook.

Am I trippin? @Mastamind @Geoff yall some music heads what y’all think?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
There is a message, I mean for me anyways. I hear the point of each track but it is different from the music he made a good 10+ years ago, I know that much. It is almost like he blended mumble with his own style.

What track do you like the most on the album? For me it is probably 40 Side.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
There is a message, I mean for me anyways. I hear the point of each track but it is different from the music he made a good 10+ years ago, I know that much. It is almost like he blended mumble with his own style.

What track do you like the most on the album? For me it is probably 40 Side.
I think to stretch it to make the verses be in context with the verse but I hear you.

40 Side is hard and one of the few songs on there I feel has a message.

I have like 3 favorites on it but I’ll pick Nothing.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Is it just me or is he not rapping about anything on each track? I want to hear a story or something cohesive but it’s like each track is Nas putting together a bunch of lines that do not relate to one another.

Don’t get me wrong, the shit sounds tight but it makes each song feel empty. The only thing that’s on subject with the title is the hook.

I agree with this a bit, some of it seems like a bunch of random ish strung together…but like @eclipsed I can hear the message in the songs. Nas is my favorite MC so I’m biased.

@eclipsed my favorite track is Count Me In.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I dont agree at all. KD2 is a masterpiece, i can barely listen to KD1 now its so good. but to each their own, not every song gotta be slick rick.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    I disagree, respectfully. I believe that there are multiple themes in each song that ties into the main one: rap veteran that ain't going anywhere. Amongst others. AOTY imo
    I share the same sentiment.

It’s a masterclass, I love how the first half is composed of newer beats with synthesized sounds but switches up to the soul sample style at Store Run. My AOTY too.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I only listened to the track with Lauryn Hill, and they both sounded off to me.

I gotta check out the rest this week.

The issue is that a lot of time Nas sounds bored when he's rapping nowadays. He has hella talent but that hunger ain't there in his voice anymore.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I loved KD1 & KD2, but I wish Nas would make another album with Preemo or Large Professor.
    man you need to give that up, it ain’t ever gonna happen. You’ll see a full Dre and Nas album with features from papoose, Saigon, and rakim before that happened.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I know, I know. snoopdisappointment

Nas already made his classics with them, and has since wanted to explore other sounds and concepts. Let's be real if he made illmatic over and over again folk wi complain about him remaining stagnant career wise. He did the right thing even though many don't agree.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nas already made his classics with them, and has since wanted to explore other sounds and concepts. Let's be real if he made illmatic over and over again folk wi complain about him remaining stagnant career wise. He did the right thing even though many don't agree.
    You're right, and I like Nas on Hit Boy's tracks. Hit Boy's sound is so polished, though. I would like to occasionally hear Nas rhyme over the boom bap.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is the right take. I feel like there was a period where Nas left that old sound but couldn’t pick a hot beat if it slapped in the face.

But when he linked with Salaam he started to really get an ear for beats that sounded sonically good that fit his style of spitting.
    Life is Good is Nas at his peak for me. That album was musical bliss, the definition of grown man rap.

You're right, and I like Nas on Hit Boy's tracks. Hit Boy's sound is so polished, though. I would like to occasionally hear Nas rhyme over the boom bap.

Yes, Hit Boy and Nas collabo has been really good. I hope he doesn’t stick with it though, I want to see him continue to experiment.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is the right take. I feel like there was a period where Nas left that old sound but couldn’t pick a hot beat if it slapped in the face.

But when he linked with Salaam he started to really get an ear for beats that sounded sonically good that fit his style of spitting.
    Life is Good is Nas at his peak for me. That album was musical bliss, the definition of grown man rap.

Yes, Hit Boy and Nas collabo has been really good. I hope he doesn’t stick with it though, I want to see him continue to experiment.
    Nas and Salaam sound good together. I want Nas to stay far, far away from Swizz, though.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nas and Salaam sound good together. I want Nas to stay far, far away from Swizz, though.
    You didn’t like Summer on Smash?

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I liked the last few albums he did. Nothing will top his OG work for me but I can still enjoy and appreciate his new stuff. Music has changed a lot and will continue to change. Being able to adapt to new trends keeps you relevant.
    I like how he keeps adapting but remainin true to himself.