The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

My VCR has finally transitioned and I'm distraught..

Troy

Swanginā€™
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ VHS havenā€™t heard that in a whileā€”
    Donā€™t worry, theyā€™re out there. Iā€™m pretty sure I still have one of mine. If your vids are precious I would work on finding a way to make backups. I remember the good old days. Pop in a tape and itā€™s tuning- the sound be like ~~~ooOooOoo000oooooooooooo

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Very funny!! Paid in Full actually and the tape is in tact just no picture nothing but snow..
    candle GIF

D

Deleted member 191

My VHS tapes are precious treasures.. I have things on tape you can't get on DVD.. Idk if I should search for a used one or do what I have been avoiding for years; modernize..šŸ˜šŸ˜
    NO SURRENDER!!!! FIND A NEW ONE!!! The VHS to DVD copying process can be hit or miss sometimes. I have a TON of old wrestling tapes and thought about converting but, my pops tried to convert some of our old home videos to DVD and some of them came out so poorly afterwards he was like naw we're gonna just keep a VCR.

Sun Light

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ VHS havenā€™t heard that in a whileā€”
    Donā€™t worry, theyā€™re out there. Iā€™m pretty sure I still have one of mine. If your vids are precious I would work on finding a way to make backups. I remember the good old days. Pop in a tape and itā€™s tuning- the sound be like ~~~ooOooOoo000oooooooooooo
    Ikr šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

DaBeast

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Should be able to find VCRs all over the place these days, from thrift stores, Facebook Marketplace, craigslist, and of course ebay and other sites like it.

It's funny, because VCRs seem to be going up in price these days, especially the really good ones. I guess there's a big market yet for people watching VHS and collecting it.

I want to convert old Tapes into digital one of these days, been putting it off for a long time now.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Sorry to hear your VCR met an end. You may find even new VCRs on ebay and maybe even Amazon now. I think you can find them on Walmart.com as well. Though I'm pretty sure they're third party sellers who sell on the walmart site.

I have a box of VHS tapes sitting in my closet that I'd like to go through. Some stuff my parents recorded on tv, some including commercials. I want to go through them and see what's recorded. Might even have some family videos in the mix.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Should be able to find VCRs all over the place these days, from thrift stores, Facebook Marketplace, craigslist, and of course ebay and other sites like it.

It's funny, because VCRs seem to be going up in price these days, especially the really good ones. I guess there's a big market yet for people watching VHS and collecting it.

I want to convert old Tapes into digital one of these days, been putting it off for a long time now.
    Pawn shops probably still have them also.