The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

New Black Media

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Besides the Big Three (Tariq, PBT, and TBA) who else you are you checking for? I try to catch most of it, but one I find fascinating is this Dr. from New York, Shonna Etienne. She's pretty brilliant and funny, and is saying the right things. My only issue she is homegirls with Dolomeechie X. I like listening to Neely Fuller Jr. while I'm working on stuff around the house.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    • The Crimson Cure - Talks about why the Black family has been destroyed and the roles Black men and women have played.
    • The Black Narrative - General Black News
    • Vicky Dillard - General Black News
    • LionessCrowned - General Black News
    • Constance Carter - Black Life: Business, Relationships, etc.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Pretty Elite.....I used to consider myself a pretty smart and accomplished dude until I started listening to them
    I was one of those "Blacks and Mexicans need to work together" type of negroes until I started listening to the New Black Media. It opened my eyes so wide and I realized, yo we realy in this on our own. The minority coalition is a farce, non-existent. You have to pivot when stuff isn't working out and that's what I did mentally. The world became so much more clear to me and I think we are on path to start seeing some tangible changes.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Pretty Elite.....I used to consider myself a pretty smart and accomplished dude until I started listening to them
    I totally understand , I like to think I'm pretty aware of what's going on, but listening and seeing things from different angles like they give, forces you to start looking at everything in a whole different angle. Neely Fuller and the first Hidden colors is what really made me look at the world differently.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I was one of those "Blacks and Mexicans need to work together" type of negroes until I started listening to the New Black Media. It opened my eyes so wide and I realized, yo we realy in this on our own. The minority coalition is a farce, non-existent. You have to pivot when stuff isn't working out and that's what I did mentally. The world became so much more clear to me and I think we are on path to start seeing some tangible changes.
    facts. I the last 6 years taught me how naive I really was

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    facts. I the last 6 years taught me how naive I really was

I had to go back and reassess all my interactions growing up and it connected a lot of dots.
    Me too brotha. I‘m born and raised in New York and I grew up thinking that the PRs, Dominicans, etc who didn’t see us as one were the ones that were confused, come to find out it was me that was confused. Pan-Africanism was ALWAYS one way…NBM helped me to see that.

Now I see that as sepaerate groups who are willing to support White Supremacy as long as they get a crumb off the table. They‘ll abandon their country, family, everything just for that crumb and there I was trying to ally with them. So foolish.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I had to go back and reassess all my interactions growing up and it connected a lot of dots.
    There was a coon Trinidadian dude who was a fellow Mason at my lodge that I wish I could retroactively give that work to. When I would stand up to racists he would always make excuses for them and try to make it look like I had a chip on my shoulder. If I ever see him again he is going to get that work.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I got pulled over a couple years ago. And I mistakenly relaxed (a little) when I saw it was a Black cop. Then he opened his mouth and I realized bro was from the Islands. He talked to me more sternly than any white cop who'd ever dealt with me. I could tell he was just waiting for me to mess up. and this was over some expired tags...nothing major.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I got pulled over a couple years ago. And I mistakenly relaxed (a little) when I saw it was a Black cop. Then he opened his mouth and I realized bro was from the Islands. He talked to me more sternly than any white cop who'd ever dealt with me. I could tell he was just waiting for me to mess up. and this was over some expired tags...nothing major.
    Yup but when he gets back to station he sucks those white cops asses and is submissive and catering. I can't stand those cowards.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Yup but when he gets back to station he sucks those white cops asses and is submissive and catering. I can't stand those cowards.
    The island women are similar. They are nurses and you'd think they landed a mission to Mars. When a white man is around, they begin this mating ritual of pretending that they aren't from a poor black society and reinforcing that they're not black American.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Besides the Big Three (Tariq, PBT, and TBA) who else you are you checking for? I try to catch most of it, but one I find fascinating is this Dr. from New York, Shonna Etienne. She's pretty brilliant and funny, and is saying the right things. My only issue she is homegirls with Dolomeechie X. I like listening to Neely Fuller Jr. while I'm working on stuff around the house.
    What happened to Gus T. Renegade on the C.O.W.S (context of white supremacy)???

Who remembers him??

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    This is a good one

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What happened to Gus T. Renegade on the C.O.W.S (context of white supremacy)???

Who remembers him??
    Maaaaan for some reason his podcast stopped working on Apple Podcasts, it sucked. I’ve been wanting to listen to him again for the longest. His videos on workplace racism were so accurate.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Maaaaan for some reason his podcast stopped working on Apple Podcasts, it sucked. I’ve been wanting to listen to him again for the longest. His videos on workplace racism were so accurate.
    Yes he helped me get through a lot and understand that I wasn't the only person experiencing this madness.

I had a beautiful black woman friend that was a capital police officer years ago. I asked her how she could deal with the racism that I already knew was present without having to ask. She told me, "you just gotta grow up and be an adult, people make jokes and you can't get upset about everything".

I didn't know what to say. I mean my answer is just to not be a cop. But what do you do when you are a cop? Do you argue with and challenge everyone all day, putting your life at risk? Or do you be quiet and laugh along, knowing you're life is at risk?

I have no idea at all why a black woman would want to be a police officer, but that's another discussion I guess.