Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

New Blade is going to be PG13!?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Wesley Snipes is taking the side of Marvel saying that the new Blade doesn't need to be rated R but I feel like it should be. The OG was a classic adult film and I feel like watering it down so teens can watch it is going to hurt it. This is the kind of movie, story, and character that needs more freedom. I get that they want to get as many people as they can watching it but the average parent in the US likely wouldn't care to let their 15+ kid watch rated R films so they are only missing out on a few years of demographic.

D

Deleted member 191

Wesley Snipes is taking the side of Marvel saying that the new Blade doesn't need to be rated R but I feel like it should be. The OG was a classic adult film and I feel like watering it down so teens can watch it is going to hurt it. This is the kind of movie, story, and character that needs more freedom. I get that they want to get as many people as they can watching it but the average parent in the US likely wouldn't care to let their 15+ kid watch rated R films so they are only missing out on a few years of demographic.

If they are going to RE-IMAGINE it from the original, then fine. But if they're trying to RE-CREATE the original, then they better proceed very carefully. Like you, I'm a fan of the classic OG film so this character needs room to breathe and build itself. Especially since, I think they are going to launch it as a standalone movie outside of Phase 4.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    If they are going to RE-IMAGINE it from the original, then fine. But if they're trying to RE-CREATE the original, then they better proceed very carefully. Like you, I'm a fan of the classic OG film so this character needs room to breathe and build itself. Especially since, I think they are going to launch it as a standalone movie outside of Phase 4.
    They really have to be careful or they will tank it and piss off a lot of fans. This is a cult classic and I know most fans are already worried. They can make it PG and do it solid but having it be PG just increases the odds of it being a dud.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I wish they’d leave it alone, I have no faith in Hollywood. They’ll end up casting EJ Johnson as Blade and shoehorn in an orgy scene with a group of male vampires. I’m cautiously pessimistic.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wish they’d leave it alone, I have no faith in Hollywood. They’ll end up casting EJ Johnson as Blade and shoehorn in an orgy scene with a group of male vampires. I’m cautiously pessimistic.
    Mahershala Ali is playing Blade.

Here is the full cast:

Wesley is the producer so I have a bit more faith for this one than reboots of the past but still... Hollyweird has a gay agenda.

D

Deleted member 191

They really have to be careful or they will tank it and piss off a lot of fans. This is a cult classic and I know most fans are already worried. They can make it PG and do it solid but having it be PG just increases the odds of it being a dud.
    When Mahershala Ali was cast as Blade, I was excited. I think he'd do a great job with the character. He was Cottonmouth in Luke Cage and played this sort of cold, hard, character who had his own set of code of conduct that he lived by. IMO stole the show in season 1. So when he was cast I thought back on that and said, he could take that experience from Cottonmouth and just inject the essence of Blade into it. I just hope with Wesley producing it and giving his nod to Ali to take over this role, I hope they have a TON of input on how they flesh out the telling of the story.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    When Mahershala Ali was cast as Blade, I was excited. I think he'd do a great job with the character. He was Cottonmouth in Luke Cage and played this sort of cold, hard, character who had his own set of code of conduct that he lived by. IMO stole the show in season 1. So when he was cast I thought back on that and said, he could take that experience from Cottonmouth and just inject the essence of Blade into it. I just hope with Wesley producing it and giving his nod to Ali to take over this role, I hope they have a TON of input on how they flesh out the telling of the story.
    Same. He was a solid pick and I am excited to see what he can bring to the character. We just have to hope that Wesley has as much creative freedom as possible cause I know he will keep it true to the OG.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Blade was a blockbuster , and that was because every effect and every character was well thought and strategically placed at every point of movie. Blade is a movie that needs a lot of space to be creative making it PG 13 would take away most of the old spice as it was in the first blade.
    Any movie that's vampires related or most of the movies that's vampire related all have lots of sex and nudity in it, so it's only normal that it's Rated R. But if they decide to make it PG 13, it's their business and we shall see how that works out.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Any movie that's vampires related or most of the movies that's vampire related all have lots of sex and nudity in it, so it's only normal that it's Rated R. But if they decide to make it PG 13, it's their business and we shall see how that works out.
    Not gonna be like the Blade we're used to. Nobody could've done it better than Wesley Snipes.

D

Deleted member 191

And I love blade. I really hate to se how they are going to mess that up. He will probably be g@y.
    Non-binary Blade in a relationship with a MTF Trans.
    Stop speaking this negative shit into existence, you two!
    angry outer space GIF by Looney Tunes

There is ONLY BLADE!!!!! THE DAY WALKER!!!
    sword blade GIF by BBQ Films

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    That's my point exactly, vampires gives an impression of a life of violence , blood shed and sex appeal taking all this away then it's no longer blade but something else.

Dukect

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Honestly, the MCU should've ended it after Endgame as you can see the movies other than Spider-Man No Way Home have been mediocre at best and forgettable at worse. As for the PG13 Blade it can be fine but I think its going to be another forgettable mess like Eternals

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Honestly, the MCU should've ended it after Endgame as you can see the movies other than Spider-Man No Way Home have been mediocre at best and forgettable at worse. As for the PG13 Blade it can be fine but I think its going to be another forgettable mess like Eternals
    It can’t end, it’s the perfect vehicle to teach kids about gay sex.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I hated watching the Eternals. I thought that it was only me who was pissed about the nonsense they did with it. It's just like what Marvel did with Thor Love and Thunder. It's total crap.