The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

New York Flooding 2021

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female

I’m in BK and my family and I are safe but I’m exhausted at this point and looking to relocate. To be honest, I used to downplay global warming but based on the past 5 years I think the impacts of greenhouse gases and etc are wreaking havoc on the Earth’s natural patterns.

Anyone here from New York, how you holding up?

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I have some family who lives there. They are luckily higher up so flooding has never been a huge issue for them. Still though, it is crazy to see.

I am a firm believer that "global warming" is a trigger word and the way the earth functions is by a means of survival. It will do things to compensate. So things like this is the earth's way of compensating for damages. Think of how those fires happen in nature and after all the damages, it helps new trees to grow and actually benefits the natural ecosystem of that area. While I think we need to take better care of our homes and our neighborhoods (not throwing trash everywhere) there is only so much we can do to prevent stuff like this. We need to focus on keeping our neighborhoods clean for our own sakes, not just the planet's. Earth will be just fine.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I’m in BK and my family and I are safe but I’m exhausted at this point and looking to relocate. To be honest, I used to downplay global warming but based on the past 5 years I think the impacts of greenhouse gases and etc are wreaking havoc on the Earth’s natural patterns.

I’m glad to hear that you’re safe and sound. Don’t get complacent though, that flooding can take out the power grid or other essential services like telecom.

I have some family who lives there. They are luckily higher up so flooding has never been a huge issue for them. Still though, it is crazy to see.

I am a firm believer that "global warming" is a trigger word and the way the earth functions is by a means of survival. It will do things to compensate. So things like this is the earth's way of compensating for damages. Think of how those fires happen in nature and after all the damages, it helps new trees to grow and actually benefits the natural ecosystem of that area. While I think we need to take better care of our homes and our neighborhoods (not throwing trash everywhere) there is only so much we can do to prevent stuff like this. We need to focus on keeping our neighborhoods clean for our own sakes, not just the planet's. Earth will be just fine.
    I like how you put that “earth’s way of compensating for damages”.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I have a place for you in the event you need to evacuate.

keithsweatdatass

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Itll purge us if it has to I have no doubt