Gaming

The official community for Sixers who have a passion for all things video games.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Next Mid-gen Consoles, Anyone Considering Them?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    All three are coming out with mid-gen upgrades. The new switch is going to drop next year and I think PlayStation and Xbox will each have their mid-gen consoles drop later in the year or in 2025.

Anyone considering these? I feel like I am best off just waiting for the next gen consoles that are said to drop in 2027/2028.

It seems like the only one maybe worth the upgrade is going to be the new PlayStation. They plan on knocking out the PS4 in terms of new games coming out for the console in 2025 as well so it is worth noting.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    All three are coming out with mid-gen upgrades. The new switch is going to drop next year and I think PlayStation and Xbox will each have their mid-gen consoles drop later in the year or in 2025.

Anyone considering these? I feel like I am best off just waiting for the next gen consoles that are said to drop in 2027/2028.

It seems like the only one maybe worth the upgrade is going to be the new PlayStation. They plan on knocking out the PS4 in terms of new games coming out for the console in 2025 as well so it is worth noting.
    I'm looking forward to the PS5 slim.

S.O.J.I.A.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Nobody cares about Xbox, including Microsoft. Phil Spencer did an interview essentially deprioritizing the Xbox talking about wanting to put their games on as many platforms as possible. How do you do an inteview promoting the Xbox while talking about how much you enjoy playing on your Lenovo Legion Go? These gaming companies don't make money selling consoles anyway. Even Nintendo makes little money with each console sold. Software is where the money is and Microsoft is looking to capitalize on that through microtranactions and live services.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nobody cares about Xbox, including Microsoft. Phil Spencer did an interview essentially deprioritizing the Xbox talking about wanting to put their games on as many platforms as possible. How do you do an inteview promoting the Xbox while talking about how much you enjoy playing on your Lenovo Legion Go? These gaming companies don't make money selling consoles anyway. Even Nintendo makes little money with each console sold. Software is where the money is and Microsoft is looking to capitalize on that through microtranactions and live services.
    This was something I remember looking into cause there were talks about them killing off the console come 2028 but Xbox has improved this year with subs and sales and I think the main point was that he and even the ceo at Sony wanna focus on mobile gaming in the future which I do not get personally.

And micro-transactions are about to get the boot. China and the EU are pushing through heavy regulations which will force western devs to remove them from games.

S.O.J.I.A.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    This was something I remember looking into cause there were talks about them killing off the console come 2028 but Xbox has improved this year with subs and sales and I think the main point was that he and even the ceo at Sony wanna focus on mobile gaming in the future which I do not get personally.

And micro-transactions are about to get the boot. China and the EU are pushing through heavy regulations which will force western devs to remove them from games.
    Sony is inching in that direction as well with their bigger titles going to PC after being timed exclusives.

China has always regulated people playing video games for whatever reason. Even before MTs the government were limiting the amount of time people could spend playing video games. neither will ban microtransactions outright but china is gonna restrict what types of transactions are allowed and EU is mostly concerned with loot boxes.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Couldn't edit my post but China is doing similar to EU in wanting to regulate the gambling aspect of MTs. In China's case it will be gacha games.
    Yeah I mentioned China doing similar. They have a lot of laws in place for gaming though already like if you are under 18 you cannot play more than 3 hours a week. You have to scan your face and stuff. It is wild!