the down and in sportstalk group

where we chop it up in regards to sports and hip hop...feel free to leave a vibe !!!!

Stats

Category
Podcasts
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Nick Saban Is Done At Alabama

rm dest

Sixer
Community Host
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Am I surprised ?, you know what I am b.u.t. it feels like to me that SABAN is getting out while the gettin is good....he doesn't wanna deal wit the transfer portal...new SEC scenario...no longer able to rule the NCAAF landscape ...I remember when BEAR BRYANT left ((back in the day))...this don't feel like that ...SABAN gets his props tho...can't deny his record....

D

Deleted member 1946

Am I surprised ?, you know what I am b.u.t. it feels like to me that SABAN is getting out while the gettin is good....he doesn't wanna deal wit the transfer portal...new SEC scenario...no longer able to rule the NCAAF landscape ...I remember when BEAR BRYANT left ((back in the day))...this don't feel like that ...SABAN gets his props tho...can't deny his record....
I think he is getting out before he ruins his legacy.

D

Deleted member 1946

I guess Deion Sanders lost his opportunity to elevate. Maybe he'll announce he's leaving Colorado on a zoom call.
Maybe. I forgot the terms of his contract. But I need to see who Bama will likely hire.

Revolution_2
Revolution_2
I was being facetious. I believe Deion leaving JSU the way he did was a spineless move. I see the play from Neon. The same way he left JSU is the same way he'll flee from Colorado. The problem is that he didn't have a good record so I don't think Alabama wants him. If Alabama wanted him, I could see them buying it his contract. Since I don't watch football I'm not sure how the portal works and I know he's not going anywhere without his sons coming with him.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
He's 72. It's young man's game for a start. Also, he hasn't won a national championship since 2020. Georgia has won it twice in the last 3 years and who knows what would have happened had they Georgia beat 'Bama.

The SEC power was shifting to Georgia. So, he was going to possible lose 4A and 5A players to them.

The portal. Deion has changed the game. The portal would have hurt them. Players also going to the NFL early is the norm. The NFL is slowly looking like the NCAA basketball with the one and done.

He's doing the smart thing. He'll go down as the greatest college coach ever. I'm not saying he isn't but white boys will make damn sure he is no matter what.

But I hate to say it and I hate 'Bama with a passion but can't he's got the championships that says he's the best to do it. Bear Bryant won 6 but he started in '58 and ended in '82. Also, since 2009 Saban has never gone longer than 3 years without a title. That's crazy.